apologies, I'm terrible with this kind of thing | Squat the Planet

apologies, I'm terrible with this kind of thing

RavenOnTheNethervoid

Reaction score
I'm normally concretely protective of every little piece of decent people's privacy. even my own. i miss some of my old friends. had a few more leave the building in recent, including more than one extremely close. concerned for the rest -- fascism, capitalism, pandemic, wildfires, hurricanes, etc. . . . I'd prefer to find them on my own. times are tough. i hope no one minds if i drop a few details. there are a few of my own here, too. so, look out for me looking for a few on the crust list, if you feel like.

also here to maybe meet a few chill kats. smothered in suburban straightlife hostility & prejudices -- it's great & refreshing to read through some human decency here.

tips on making the best out of vehicle dwelling (chained to a pretty straight relation, with basically no leverage) appreciated. no funds / permission for 'builds' and such. loathe to have it be a kind of catchphrase, but restrooms are a rareified necessity -- especially offhours -- and i think I'm out of reasonable suggestions. ditto with kitchens, but i gave up on that luxury long ago.

alright, I'm lamer than advertised here, so: be safe. wear the damned masks. stay away from humans. wish you wouldve met me when i passed for something cool. veganism saves. peace.

RavenOnTheNethervoid

Reaction score
apologies for using the word "lame" as meaning something in the realm of 'uncool'. it had been my understanding that the use of the word "lame" meaning something in the realm of "having a body part and especially a limb so disabled as to impair freedom of movement" {Merriam-Webster} was very antiquated and rarely (if ever) used. recently, a person living with physical disability expressed hurt at the use of the word in the former context, and personal identification and ownership of the word in the latter context. although i don't personally know that individual, and their feelings were directed at the use of the word by others, when i saw the tag on the post here, i thought of them and their feelings. i apologize to anyone and everyone who might have been negatively affected by my inept choice of words. i don't think i can remove the tag, so i also apologize forward.

my intention had been something of a warning lable that i might be uncool, awkward, uncomfortable, discomforting, tedious, clunky, socially inept, boring, whatever. i apologize that i unintentionally used an ableist term, when these and many other words are there for the using.

Please accept my sincere apology.

~peace~

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads