Anything in kentucky? | Squat the Planet

Anything in kentucky?

D

Deleted member 2626

?What part of KY? I spent a little time near Lexington then Corbin and the vicinitity. Probably headed there again in little time

D

Deleted member 2626

I'll tell ya I seen some pretty wild country, Cumberland Falls and some of the back roads, had a car at the time, but I felt KY in winter was kind of depressing. I didn't hate it but as for alternative thinking I couldnt say. People I stay with are real cool old travelers but they are some of the only folks I know. Im sure some of the bigger cities have some of what you gander or

salxtina

Reaction score
Cumberland Falls is beautiful, if you go a little further through the woods there's a much-less-crowded, much-less-littered spot called Eagle Falls, beautiful swimming water and climbing rocks, wild blueberries growing there in the summer, check it out if you get the chance. I'm planning to hit up Red River Gorge later in the summer...

Some solid radical folks were running a place called the village trough in Berea for a while, but that got closed down, not sure what they're up to now but I'm sure they're still around, and that town has a good number of openminded people generally... In Lexington there's some rad people supporting/organizing w strikers who are picketing a factory called Trane.

Oh. In the hills in east KY, there's this woman named Linda, she's got a bunch of land called Beyond Yonder, tucked in the woods down a road called Hell For Certain. Basically there's no way to not get lost, so you have to stop and ask people, "do you know how to get to hell for certain?" :D
So they have these great little festivals at Beyond Yonder every fall, lots of good people and travelers come through, and if you can get in touch with Linda or ask around, they might be having gatherings earlier in the summer too, I don't know. Check it out if you can! Give people my love from the green mountains!

Reactions: DiamondDog

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads