Anyone wanna share the love?

M

Mouse

I had steak for dinner.

:/

I eat what people give me. I hate cooking. But I will agree, those Morning Star chicken patties are good. but I prefer Boca's spicey chicken.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
I just a month ago stopped being vegetarian, after 12 years. It wasn't easy to take that step away from what I'd be solidly with for over a decade, but since I did it's been no problems.

I just wanted to say that soy stuff is kinda iffy; some health-conscious people I know say soy (in high doses) makes bodies produce more estrogen - which fucks with male testosterone, and doesn't do a whole lotta good for females (a friend complains about her tits swelling up huge when she has a lot of soy).

bote

Reaction score
soy: 1.5 billion titless chinese men can`t be wrong

i like to make a bunch sunpatties and freeze them, the sunflower seed/fresh basil food processor patties, check it out

arrow, that sounds goooooood

M

Mouse

"soy: 1.5 billion titless chinese men can`t be wrong"

HAHA!

hell, if soy woudl make my tits get bigger, i'd welcome those side effects!

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Nope... But like soy, could be a veggie, if it was easier.... (Since I dont eat much meat anyways)

wartomods

Reaction score
I am pretty synthethic in what i eat, dont have the time or effort to make something new.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
fake chicken is my fav fake meat. been veggie almost 10 years now... not an easy task living in new orleans.

LilMa

Reaction score
I think I am going to have to be a freegan on the road =[ faux meat is soooooo good, but whatever I find/get for free on the road is what I have to eat. Gah! I've had terrible experiences with meat : Krystals > found a BEAK in one of the crispy chicken sandwiches
and my bf had found a CORNEA in a chicken sandwich from Jack-in-the-Box. I can't dig it, amen to Morning Star, OOHH anyone try the new Maple Sausage? MMMMM And Arrow, that sounds amazing! Here's a poor mans salad [easy to steal] if anyone wants to try : Spinach [coarse], basil [fine], salt&pepper, button mushrooms, cucumber, roam tomato, mozarella balls, oregano, catnip [diced], and mint leaf. don't add any liquids, it makes its own and it's AWESOME, that catnip is safe to eat and adds a spice.

genghis braun

Reaction score
I was veggie for about 3 years, vegan for 1 1/2, then gradually went back to eating meat again. that said, my favorite foods are veg or mock meats. seitan is THE shit, as well as chocolate soymilk!

LilMa

Reaction score
[mouse] oh geez I am such a HUGE fan of tea, esp Oolong! I have been digging the hot weather with ice cold red teas and green teas mmmmhmm! never tried the catnip & mint tea - but I am adding it to the list =]
[genghis braun] BITCHIN' picture man, I'm such a huge fan of Johnny! Never tried or heard of seitan, what is it man? Choc soymilk is a MUST!

bote

Reaction score
you know what`s a lot like matte? coca leaves! chewed some a coupe nights in a row with truckers, they just make your tongue numb and keep you busy

Whiteyisacommiefaggot

Reaction score
With the sky as my roof and the Earth as my living
I've been Veg on and off for 4 years, and yeah I love it.
Processed soy is actually really bad for your body. I'm going to look up this thing I read about it real quick...

Here it is:

Genetically engineered foods cause cancer, weaken the immune system, thin the stomach's lining, cause a host of other medical problems (Monsanto actually took their own GMO potatoes off the market they were so bad), ruin the US's export economy as other countries ban them, and contanimate organic crops and weeds through cross-pollination. There's about 2000 GMO test sites in PA alone and public isn't allowed to know about it. Puerto Rico is packed with the most test sites and it's really messing up kids' development. I think everything GMO also contains an antibiotic.

http://truefoodnow.org
Roundup Ready Nation

Bovine Growth Hormone in milk and meat promotes malignant tumor growth and is screwing up the development of kids. Companies that label their milk as being free of growth hormones are required by law to also print the lie that there is no significant difference. Some companies attempted to push through legislation in PA that bans anti-hormone labeling in the first place but fortunately Governor Rendell struck it down.

Most multiple ingredient processed foods are loaded with excitotoxins - free glutamate / monosodium glutamage (MSG) and its many disguised names such as autolyzed yeast extract and anything hydrolized. Also a lot of soaps, shampoos, and lotions, are laced with hydrolized ingredients so people are even absorbing doses through their skin. They excite brain cells to death, weaken the immune system, and cause other health problems.

MSG: a neurotoxic flavor enhancer
Front Porch Productions asks if migraines, fibromyalgia, or stomach problems are caused by MSG (monosodium glutamate) or aspartame.
MySpace - MSGEXPOSED.COM (Monosodium Glutamate) Taste Kills - 31 - Male - San Francisco, California - myspace.com/msgexposed

Artificial colors do chromosomal damage and cause other problems.

Food Dyes: Some Health Effects

Hydrogenated ingredients contribute to cancer. Palm oil is just plain bad in any form.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is a genetically engineered super sugar that most Americans consume far more of than regular sugar. It has to be processed by the liver and it makes you not feel full so you keep eating. That's what's excitotoxins/free glutamate and artificial sguars also do.

The Murky World of High-Fructose Corn Syrup
The Double Danger of High Fructose Corn Syrup
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c...FDGS24VKMH1.DTL

American processed soy is terrible for you and 90% of it is GMO so avoid soy ingredients.

Spilling the Beans on Soy | CommonDreams.org

Aspartame is the single most dangerous ingredient in the food market. The news reports that it's safe are lies. I'd avoid any other artificial sugars too.

truthessentials.com
MySpace - Aspartame Kills! (NutraSweet, Equal) Diet Soda - 31 - Male - CALIFORNIA - myspace.com/89512277

The high autism rates are most likely caused by the combination of mercury and excitotoxins. Baby food is even loaded with forms of free glutamate. And I advise carefully researching any vaccination and comparing multiple sources of information before getting one. The flu shot is usually really nasty and rarely protects against the correct strain of flu. Merck's HPV vaccine seems even more sinister. Even tetanis vaccines can be severely flawed. Look it up.

Practically any multi-ingredient food from a supermarket is the same bad shit as fast food, even supposed bakery fresh made stuff. We just gotta get more basic ingredients to work with and patronize more small businesses that actually make stuff real natural homemade style. All chains and franchises are horrible. Even a lot of supposed organic products are sick jokes that contain loads of nasty additives that can be made organically (Cascadia Farms is notorious for this). Boycott the corn refiners, that means anything containing corn ingredients unless it's organic or locally grown corn. Try to grow your own stuff, help someone who does, get involved in a co-op, or at least patronize farmers markets and co-ops. Also, don't cook or microwave food or drinks in anything plastic. Dioxin leaches out and it causes cancer. Also, only repeatedly reuse a plastic container if it's recyclable rating is 1 or else dioxin just plain leaches out.

Some more healthy eating information:
Home - Buy Fresh Buy Local
Alternative cancer treatments and cancer prevention tips
Cancer-Step Outside the Box

Try to cut as much as this nasty shit out of your diet as possible and you will see improvement. You should be able to think more clearly, heal faster, and have a stronger immune system.

Or you can believe the warped industry propaganda if you want to put your head in the sand and eventually the dirt:
msgfacts.com/facts/msgfact12.html
hfcsfacts.com

A brain-damaged population busy contending with health problems is easily controlled and has trouble mounting opposition. Chemotherapy is a big business.

And besides, most Vegetarians and Vegans are just self righteous hypocrites anyway.

genghis braun

Reaction score
BITCHIN' picture man, I'm such a huge fan of Johnny! Never tried or heard of seitan, what is it man?

thanks! Johnny's one of my favorite songwriters! Seitna is basically wheat gluten. it takes about 6 hours to make from scratch, but the process is pretty simple and the end product is fucking delicious! if there's an asian mart in your town, they'll probably have some in a can.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads