anyone travel in china?

zapporra

Reaction score
Maybe a long shot, but i thought i'd try anyway. Has anyone had experience traveling or squatting in china? I'm presently working on learning Chinese, so this goal is a little ways off, but i'd love to travel and study in china for a year or so at least.

Anyone have experience living in this part of the world?

I have a friend in India, so i could live in India, teach English and travel for a few months at a time. Preferably I'd actually be in China, tho.

I'm sure i can figure something out, but i'm curious if anyone else has traveled here.

zapporra

Reaction score
Maybe i should be more clear: i want to study traditional medicine and qi gong, evengually become a sorta wandering doctor. I'm curious to see if anyone in the community has persued and interesting learning projects in while living abroad.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I was in China back in 08. I had a great time and it was a lot cooler than I expected. India is fucking insane, but if you get out of the populated areas its pretty magical.
Unfortunately I don't have any solid advice regarding squatting in China, but I will say definitely go.

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
I haven't traveled there yet, but I booked a ticket for November and will be living in ChengDu. Hopefully find work teaching English. I have a friend out there, but I was planning on stealth camping a bit before I head there. I'll let you know how it goes. I looked everywhere for information on squatting in China and I couldn't find anything.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

zapporra

Reaction score
I haven't traveled there yet, but I booked a ticket for November and will be living in ChengDu. Hopefully find work teaching English. I have a friend out there, but I was planning on stealth camping a bit before I head there. I'll let you know how it goes. I looked everywhere for information on squatting in China and I couldn't find anything.

Hey! Good luck. Let us know how that goes. According to some folks on hitchwiki, people are generally friendlier to wanderers and there is less crime/meanness in China.

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Hey, I'm here in Chengdu. Judging from the train ride from Beijing and the way China works I would think there are tons of places to crash at night. They build tons of buildings that sit vacant for a while before they actually start filling them with people. I haven't checked it out personally yet since I have a place to stay, but I think it's very possible. Keep in mind guards have assault rifles. So getting caught by police is no joke imo.

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Just checking out a lot of abandoned buildings, some tourist attractions and taking in the different culture. Playing Mahjong, drinking tea, exploring and meeting new people. Staying with a friend in ChengDu. Looking to check out some construction sites and maybe some cranes tomorrow night. My visa is good until January. It's so cheap here I'm looking to go to Thailand and a few other countries afterwards.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads