Anyone interested in going to Mexico to fight for Indigenous rights? | Squat the Planet

Anyone interested in going to Mexico to fight for Indigenous rights?

Everymanalion

Reaction score
I am in NYC and will leave anytime, I can meet you wherever on the way down there, I am 24, sane, tattoo artist, straight edge and have experience traveling, please, at least be sane, thats all I am asking, final destination is Chiapas...lemme know...

TheSac

Reaction score
When are you planning on leaving? I have a few weeks left until I have to go back to school, but frankly I want to get on the road again. I'm 20 sane and don't drink or do drugs, if that means anything to you. I'm in Albany currently by the way.

TheSac

Reaction score
Ok, the earliest I'd be able to leave would be the 7th I think, my main issue is trying to get to New York city to meet up. I could take the bus if need be. I've never hitchhiked before, but I'd be more than game to do that to Mexico if you would be willing to show me the ropes.

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
I'd like to know more about this fighting for indidenous rights... That's along side the Zapatistas? And also is this a passport needed kind of journey and such? If you want you can message me and fill me in, if not, its cool... As for me, Louisiana, 38, healthy, sane, zero drugs, and seeking a direction in my life.... lemme know...

Bent Spoons

Reaction score
You don't need a passport to get or get back. Just bring an I.D. and birth cert. Hell even an I.D. works. Worst they will do when you try to get back in is tell your violating a some law and hand you a pamphlet about getting a passport. I actually think the law doesn't apply if you don't go thirty miles away from the border or stay longer then 72 hours They wouldn't know anyways. Anyone can walk into Mexico. I've been to Tijuana 30+ times in the last year without a passport. Lion, be careful bro.

Reactions: Everymanalion

Everymanalion

Reaction score
well count me out then... no government tracking cookies for me... good luck bro, hope yall are able to make a difference

You can do something simple though if you want to help, goto facebook.com/IndigenousRevolutionaryLegion and click Like, or on twitter @IndiRevoLegion and click follow!

Everymanalion

Reaction score
What? Wait? Why are we going to Mexico to fight for indigenous rights? Why don't we fight for them here?

Because an armed revolution here has no chance here at the moment, it would get squashed by overzealous media and super-patriots not including the military. It is not time yet here. Start in another country, a third world country, build your ideology and your military presence with more oppressed people(I know, but the Native American movement is not large enough right now for a revolution).

Just tired of talk, tired of protests, tell me any other Native American recent act of defiance that is widely remember in this country OTHER than what happened at wounded knee in the 70's? Violence is the only way to get their attention.

Reactions: madcapcat

Everymanalion

Reaction score
You don't need a passport to get or get back. Just bring an I.D. and birth cert. Hell even an I.D. works. Worst they will do when you try to get back in is tell your violating a some law and hand you a pamphlet about getting a passport. I actually think the law doesn't apply if you don't go thirty miles away from the border or stay longer then 72 hours They wouldn't know anyways. Anyone can walk into Mexico. I've been to Tijuana 30+ times in the last year without a passport. Lion, be careful bro.

Yea if you stay within the visitors zone you can go without a passport but I will be going to Chiapas which is in south western MEX.

Reaction score
dude im in chiapas right now. ive seen some zapitistas and my friend next to me said he visited their community and wasnt welcomed that much but kind of. he said you have to pay to volunteer with them or something... idk but i was in a 6 hr traffic jam cus of their protests. if anyone has more info on where i should go or organizations let me know

Reactions: Everymanalion

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads