Anyone in Jacksonville? | Squat the Planet

Anyone in Jacksonville?

urchin

Reaction score
Yeah. That question or if anyone knows someone here with whom I can hang/squat/ whatever with.

Side note if it helps any: I just raided a ton of food from a Winn-Dixie dumpster. It looks like Santa waged a nuclear war on poverty. Being a vegan I got a lot of the fruits and veggies. I'm not sure if my stuff sack can hold all of it.

Anyway thanks for any possible help.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
dont know anyone in jax.....but winn dixies are the shit...... i've seen on a couple occasions regular ol folks pullin up and diggin with us

urchin

Reaction score
This one is near/in Newport. The one near downtown seems to be hot often and one of the other ones has a compactor, just like all three of the Publixes I've visited. If this city wasn't so camera crazy I'd burn a few of the compactors and break locks like crazy.

Nomadfrom82

Reaction score
Blah get a job in nola man the sesson has starrted here we got super bowl and mardi gras comming up and there are plenty of jobs to be had. Me n my road dog are staying here through mardi gras I want to gear up bettwr, I need a frame for my new large alice, and I want to have a couple hundred for backup when we leave for the west cost. Not that I canf make mo.ey on the road or anything but im older n wiser now and I like to have backup cash. Sometimes I gef stuck in some shitty places where even churches are even hard to get kick downs and having some backup loot always helps.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
miztresswinter (one of the mods here) is still in jax i think.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
what happened to jax beach , no good? i met some decent people there, one guy even let me stay at his house and left me there by myself while he went to his girls for the night. hitching was pretty easy ,, ah fuck it . i need to go south too maybe i see you there

daveycrockett

Reaction score
i got a job in jax though pretty quick, i build tennis courts in ny and went down there got a job the minute i got into town. pretty big city you should find work quick and cheap to live too.

urchin

Reaction score
what happened to jax beach , no good? i met some decent people there, one guy even let me stay at his house and left me there by myself while he went to his girls for the night. hitching was pretty easy ,, ah fuck it . i need to go south too maybe i see you there

I'm near the beach area now and have been for a few days. At the moment I'm near/at Atlantic City. I met a few cool people (last night a man who thought he offended me gave me his pasta salad, which was vegan and a woman paid for me to get a meal the first day on the beach) but overall don't get much. I haven't carried my pack the last day or two since I found a safe place to stash it and sleep when it rains.

I'm looking for jobs as well while I wait for this one and do far the general attitude is to wait until after New Years. It makes dumpstering that Winn-Dixie a life-saver.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads