Anyone here shoot 35mm while travelling? | Squat the Planet

Anyone here shoot 35mm while travelling?

Stinkyyy

Reaction score
Was wondering if there's anyone who shoots film whilst travelling. Where do you develop your film / keep prints / spare rolls ect safe while on the road?

How about those with digital?

What camera do you use?

Bonus points for your photos - I love a good gander at everyones photography!

L

LeftCoast

Hey there,

I use two means for documentation

ONE being my smartphone.
TWO being my Canon Rebel 35mm.

I typically get my film developed in a city where I currently am in, and then use the USPS and ship the final product to another location. Typically, my housemates, or a loved one.

On the road, I will typically develop around 10 to 15 rolls of film. I try to ship them all in bulk using flat rate boxes. When not having the luxury of shipping, or traveling in areas where shipment was untrustworthy, as South America was, I went to internet cafes, or acquired a means of scanning or discretely hiding my prints.

An acquaintance who visited North Korea told me that he shipping his negatives out by taping them behind the labels of canned goods.

In places where internet is scarce, I would suggest making many forms of offshore backups, and making sure to have the ability to acquire your shots at another time and location.

I typically stay around the PNW these days and tend not to stray too far from where I have grown fond of.

The USPS can work miracles here in the states.

As for being in the UK, I am unfamiliar with the postal service.

Please keep us posted on your methods, as you now leave me with questions that I would love to see answered. Great thread :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads