Seeking Ride Anyone for Slab City?? (2 Viewers)

Gypsy66

Lurker
Traveling from
New Jersey
Destination
Slab City CA
I was hoping to leave around October but I am considering moving up the date. I realize it is super hot there in the summer but it is time for me to move on. Or if someone is traveling anywhere near CA might be cool ton meet up. For me it is a one way trip though I might consider traveling around a bit. p.s. i will post my in Intro

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
D

Deleted member 25986

I deleted myself
...It's honestly time for me to move on too... But I'm currently in Florida and I don't know if Slab City will be right for me in the long run which I've been debating for a really long time. Plus it doesn't really offer exactly with what I'm looking for in my life. Not really...

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
@Gypsy66 and @qwent91 y'all realize that yer seeking a ride to slab city from Jersey and Florida have either of y'all maybe considered that if neither of you have a vehicle that might not be the best destination for either of you? Was the plan to hopefully score a lift there then be gifted a mobile home? I think you have the impression that people who live there want more people moving there who expect a free place to be given to them.

D

Deleted member 25986

I deleted myself
@Gypsy66 and @qwent91 y'all realize that yer seeking a ride to slab city from Jersey and Florida have either of y'all maybe considered that if neither of you have a vehicle that might not be the best destination for either of you? We the plan to hopefully score a lift there then be gifted a mobile home? I think you have the impression that people who live there want more people moving there who expect a free place to be given to them.
It's pretty damn obvious that Slab City will NOT be the best destination for me even if I do have a vehicle... Which I don't have because I personally refuse to drive for ethical and other reasons. Slab City to me is a threshold. A threshold that I've been attempting to avoid for years because I LITERALLY have fucking nothing in my fucking life. The only true reason why I will ever go to Slab City is just to fucking die because that's the only thing that Slab City will fucking offer me. And I've been very fucking close of going to Slab City just to fucking die... Who gives a shit if people won't want me to come. People don't give a flying fuck for me anyway... With how I've been treated in my life by everyone and everything. I don't give a shit...

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
It's pretty damn obvious that Slab City will NOT be the best destination for me even if I do have a vehicle... Which I don't have because I personally refuse to drive for ethical and other reasons. Slab City to me is a threshold. A threshold that I've been attempting to avoid for years because I LITERALLY have fucking nothing in my fucking life. The only true reason why I will ever go to Slab City is just to fucking die because that's the only thing that Slab City will fucking offer me. And I've been very fucking close of going to Slab City just to fucking die... Who gives a shit if people won't want me to come. People don't give a flying fuck for me anyway... With how I've been treated in my life by everyone and everything. I don't give a shit...
It sounds to me like you might want to consider talking to someone. I don't want to clutter up op's post acting like I'm a doctor, because I'm not. Just something to maybe give a thought or two about.

D

Deleted member 25986

I deleted myself
It sounds to me like you might want to consider talking to someone. I don't want to clutter up op's post acting like I'm a doctor, because I'm not. Just something to maybe give a thought or two about.
Trust me... I've looking for a long time for someone to talk to... But that has also been proven to be very difficult for me to do too... Extremely difficult for really stupid reasons. That being said though, I should be talking to someone soon. So we'll see how that one goes I suppose.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
Trust me... I've looking for a long time for someone to talk to... But that has also been proven to be very difficult for me to do too... Extremely difficult for really stupid reasons. That being said though, I should be talking to someone soon. So we'll see how that one goes I suppose.
Hey look at that, that's positive! Yer mental health isn't exactly relevant to the op's post about wanting a ride though, so I don't see a reason to derail this thread anymore. Good for you though for finding someone to talk to.

D

Deleted member 25986

I deleted myself
Hey look at that, that's positive! Yer mental health isn't exactly relevant to the op's post about wanting a ride though, so I don't see a reason to derail this thread anymore. Good for you though for finding someone to talk to.
Yeah... Don't really want my mental health to "derail" the original meaning of this post anyway because my personal issues are between me and for anyone who wants to talk to me personally in private if interested.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
Yeah... Don't really want my mental health to "derail" the original meaning of this post anyway because my personal issues are between me and for anyone who wants to talk to me personally in private if interested.
Yep. Feel free to start a thread of yer own if you'd like to continue dropping very obvious hints that you want to talk to someone on stp about what's going on with you. I'm sure there's somebody on here who would love to be that person.

I thought I was being pretty nice, but for the second time please If you wanna talk about that make yer own thread because another users ride wanted thread ain't exactly the place for talking about going somewhere to die at.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I was hoping to leave around October but I am considering moving up the date. I realize it is super hot there in the summer but it is time for me to move on. Or if someone is traveling anywhere near CA might be cool ton meet up. For me it is a one way trip though I might consider traveling around a bit. p.s. i will post my in Intro
pulling things back on topic... i am driving down the coast to slab city starting Sept 1st, probably won't get there till the end of sept. here's the details:

OP
Gypsy66

Gypsy66

Lurker
@Gypsy66 and @qwent91 y'all realize that yer seeking a ride to slab city from Jersey and Florida have either of y'all maybe considered that if neither of you have a vehicle that might not be the best destination for either of you? Was the plan to hopefully score a lift there then be gifted a mobile home? I think you have the impression that people who live there want more people moving there who expect a free place to be given to them.
I do have a car and I am planning on driving. My other thought was to purchase a conversion van and with help, convert it in to an off grid camper van. A free place to live is not what a tracked me to Slab City, it is the freedom from a failed system.

D

Deleted member 125

I deleted myself
I do have a car and I am planning on driving. My other thought was to purchase a conversion van and with help, convert it in to an off grid camper van. A free place to live is not what a tracked me to Slab City, it is the freedom from a failed system.
Perhaps the title of yer post is misleading, because it says yer seeking a ride. Are you offering a ride to the slabs? Or just looking to meet folks?

Will4886

Lurker
Quit looking for what others have to say or feel about you! Start looking at what you have to say or feel about anything and everything in the world.so far youve wasted way to much of your life worrying about what others feel its time for yoy to live so staart living.

Bum Spray

Lurker
Headed to slabs currently. Made it to Indiana from upstate NY so far. Is it true you can build a house out of pallets and stuff when you get there?

I plan on heading that way starting tomorrow. Would be awesome to find a ride, if anyone is still heading that way. Im in north carolina now.