Anyone ever ride the Mexican bus lines in the US? | Squat the Planet

Anyone ever ride the Mexican bus lines in the US?

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
I'm going from Austin,TX to Oakland, CA with more stuff than I can hitch with so I'm taking a bus- I've seen the Mexican us lines run through town and my friend Cesar in the kitchen I worked at told me they are way cheaper than greyhounds and run faster- I'm curious if any of you have ridden these lines and know a good one to take from Texas to Cali!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i have been unable to find any concrete information about these bus lines if they exist at all. but, let me know if you find out anything since i'm insanely curious to know if/when/where/how much these supposedly run for.

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
@Matt Derrick I looked up Americanos, Tornad' and El Expresso bus lines which all have stops in San Antonio or Austin but none go anywhere west of el paso- it looks like you could take them east to arkansas, Missouri, Georgia, or north Carolina or anywhere in Mexico. Didn't check out the prices but you can check em out on their websites!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@Matt Derrick I looked up Americanos, Tornad' and El Expresso bus lines which all have stops in San Antonio or Austin but none go anywhere west of el paso- it looks like you could take them east to arkansas, Missouri, Georgia, or north Carolina or anywhere in Mexico. Didn't check out the prices but you can check em out on their websites!

the only one of those i'm finding a website for is el expresso. thanks for the info though!

Reactions: West
S

spectacular

I had a greyhound connect to one of them to take me to Alamogordo as far as I can remember. It was OK. A little funky and unkempt. Might be cheaper, donno

buckkwheat

Reaction score
I would check out Crucero. I took them a few times, the last was 3 years ago. The ticket was straight up half of what greyhound was charging. It was really simple, no bag or i.d check, and pay cash. I found out by asking around the border. The bus met behind a mcdonalds. no office except in l.a and bakersfield, we would pick people up at random ass places on the side of the road. I don't know about Crucero now seeing they have a website, but i'm almost positive it's still cheeper than greyhound.I heard that they go to Texas now too. Also, I would really ask around and do some digging because if there is a pirate bus they may not have a website. Good luck!

allenfromallenville

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i've ridden mexican bus lines across mexico three times. always way, way better quality buses than greyhound, and the mexican bus lines include a meal, or at least they did in Mexico.

milkhauler

Reaction score
Those Mexican buses I see in California look pretty beat up on the outside. Mabe the insides are kept up better? Those drivers seem to drive a lil more ageessive than the dirty dog drivers. I've never seen any of those Mexican buses in wrecks over the years out here, but some of the wreckless driving I've seen makes me cringe.

Last edited by a moderator:

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
I rode crucero from ABQ to Las Cruces to pick up my gear from the sherriff's dept in las cruces. It was maybe 5$ cheaper than greyhound but left at a more convenient time, also was nice and clean and the driver was cool.
La Estrella Blanca (White Star) is another Mexican bus line in the US

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads