Any online students? | Squat the Planet

Any online students?

zesmothe

Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience taking online classes for a degree while on the road? Are you normally able to find time to do homework and stuff or is school something that's best done when settled?

mylon

Lawn Care Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am working on a bachelors degree online and I would not want to try to do this while traveling. When I take exams there is a proctor who watches over webcam and there cannot be anyone else in the room, or any noise in the background. This would be hard to do while traveling.

Even just studying would be difficult - most course materials are not available offline, or require a lot of online research, so it would be a hassle to reliably find a quiet place to use electricity and wifi to study. Yeah, there's libraries and whatnot, but do you really just want to go on a nationwide library tour?

It would also add a lot of stress and take some of the fun and freedom out of traveling. I'm sure you could make it happen if you really want to, but I'd wait until you're settled.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
wow - didn't realize there could be a proctor via webcam for tests. Makes sense though. The 2 yr college I work at has a few undergrad degrees that can be totally online and there are people all over the world taking them (mostly business).

I'd say if traveling, it would be a careful travel - making sure friends were set up for wifi test taking. And libraries etc. An interesting thought was the nationwide library tour!

Either way - good luck!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads