Any metal fans? | Squat the Planet

Any metal fans?

Wasteland

Reaction score
I myself prefer metal and all the brutality that it brings. My favorite feature of metal would be the technical nature of the guitar and how it provides a sense of heavy terror in the hearts of the listener. Below is a list of some of the bands I listen to:

Children of Bodom
Suffocation
Cannibal Corpse
Dethklok
Nightwish
Zao
Demon Hunter
Rhapsody of Fire
Necrophagist
Testament
Metallica
The Absence

Post your favorites here and what you like about metal.

Unslap

Reaction score
I like metal because it can make me go nuts, and also go into headbanging spasms in random places.

Favorite metal bands:
Lamb Of God
System of a Down
Korn's first album
Nightwish (yess)
Mudvayne
Underoath
early Drop Dead, Gorgeous

and guess what motherfuckers i think Limp Bizkit is CATCHY!!!

venusinpisces

Reaction score
For me, the draw would be metaphysical/occult-themed imagery and lyrical content, combined with inhuman sounding vocals. The structural complexity of death metal can also produce intense visual patterning as well as artistic inspiration. Here is one of my all time favorites from Enslaved, a track containing classic piano techniques in its second half.

MunicipalWaylan

Reaction score
I love heavy music. Metal got me out of pop and in to actually listening to music because I could get into its complexities.

Weedeater is at the top of my metal listening list but from there its too hard to pick favorites

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ikLDoO2Yv4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eadoin

Reaction score
the number 12 looks like you
the black dahlia murder
iron maiden
3 inches of blood
dragon force
the locust
at the throne of judgment
born of osiris
job for a cowboy

to name a few, some of those are more grind but they're all badass

plagueship

Reaction score
sludge metal is one of my main musical interests - i also like black metal (mostly the cascadian, pagan kind) and stoner metal - and i like it because it sounds fucking epic, especially when i'm high. i'm not actually that musically educated on the topic of metal in general. here are some band names:

NEUROSIS
buried inside
eyehategod
graves at sea
black sabbath
wolves in the throne room
addaura
altar of plagues
fall of efrafa
drudkh
cult of luna
deadbird

alethes is a metal-folk band i discovered recently that sounds like an acoustic neurosis. plus one of the members is in prison for some eco-anarchist bullshit, so people on this board will probably love that. but seriously they're good! 'folk', broadly speaking is actually sort of my main musical field of interest...

tem eyos ki were this awesome punk band from arkansas who threw in a lot of iron maiden-style riffs along with some creative punk stuff, accordions and what not.

xbocax

Reaction score
Burzum
light this city
bodom
impaled
MW
ghoul
Belphagor
aaskeria

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I have no idea why this was moved. I'll ask the other mods and fix it when I get home.

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
2599m%2BA%2BHuge%2BMetal%2BFan%2B-%2BMe%2BToo%2521.gif

venusinpisces

Reaction score
Suffocation.
Best band listed here so far. Suffocation is as close to perfection as it gets, in terms of both composition and technical proficiency.

plagueship

Reaction score
oh yeah, the other kind of metal i like is "atmospheric" black metal.
you know, fast or slow, droney as fuck is the rule.

i've only been getting into this lately but fortunately there are some good bands rocking this style on the west coast - ash borer, vessel i and fell voices seem like a more stoned, more nihilist take on the 'cascadian black metal' scene. and they're all awesome. i don't really need the pagan stuff anyway.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads