Any Good Places In Florida? (1 Viewer)

Tetsuden

Smearing jam on my pants like a real crustie
Current Location
Brandon, United States
Website
toseekandsave.tumblr.com
There used to be stellar group of abandoned houses on a stretch of the Alafia river in Brandon, even a small island in the center of the river with some sort of storage barn on it. unfortunately, they've all since been torn down. Even the island was dug out :(

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Dale719

Lurker
Current Location
Tampa, Florida
All right, thanks!

I'm in the Fort Lauderdale area, regardless of what my location says.

I feel like such a noob. Man, I haven't even out ran Publix. Damn.
They do have decent sushi, you're right.
Yeah, I was thinking of beating the locks out with a rock, but I don't want to be part of why Walmart starts using the damn compactors too, and end up screwing someone over in the future who may really need it.

It seems like so much fun, though. I used to not even consider it, but then I saw some of the videos some people have taken... it looks incredible. Especially for someone who loves the outdoors.

I read a bunch of the stuff here on train hopping. It only made me want to do it more.
All right, I'll take my path on the road first. Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it. Although how will I find someone to eventually take me along with them on a train?
Im an experienced traveler/gypsy/rainbow/hobo. Gonna hit the trax soon from Tampa and head out west. Looking for a road dawg. Hmu if u want dude

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Current Location
NY
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
I got excited about this thread as I'll be moving back to Miami in a few months (finally gonna finish this Uni degree) and really dreading it, figured maybe a cool thing or 2 would cheer me up about returning to the humid wasteland, but as I read I realized 70% of this thread is just reinforcing how horrible Florida is :(

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Current Location
NY
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
I've never done any urbex in FL...when I'm back there I'll be pretty determined to find some cool spots to hang out/explore so I will return here if/when I find anything

angerisagift

Wayfarer
Current Location
Greeley
I know I'm gonna be rubber tramping it there, probably will ditch the car afterwards. I wanna see the fl beach solo bad before I head to the mid west. Probably gonna ditch the car at the app trail
I like Melbourne FL. Daily Bread is the Soup kitchen. Opens 7 am . Showers and food. Breakfast is coffee donuts. Lunch is more full filling. Plus u can get mail there too

Waters

Lurker
Current Location
Milky Way
Damn... I need to get out of this state. I hate Florida. At least every part of it I know.
Still in FL? I'm in Tampa leaving in a few months born and raised here unfortunately. Ya I despise the gunshine state every part except the Keys.

Shaggy Rogers

Current Location
Dawsonville,GA
Just go south. The farther south you go the more overgrown it gets, and the people are slightly nicer/smarter. Fuck, if you know your survival skills, go into the everglades and be a bigfoot. Walk down to flamingo or something, just dont forget a fishing pole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Finally printed up physical copies of my hitchin' story! Cover art by @spiffypairofspoons on instagram. I added some doodles and stuff to help with formatting, and I'll be carrying copies of these when my band goes on tour in the spring!

I can busk on the way, I usually let people staple their money to me with a staple gun, spit fire or perform other masochistic acts for money.
The guide told me to type my interests and shit here, help people get to know me, I made this so i could get help catching a Freight Train to Seattle and get there by the 20th of December, 2019, never hopped a train before, thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm tryna get to more punk shows. Actually pretty straight edge, keep my habits to shows and campfires.
lmfao!!! im figuring this desktop thing out way slow... totally different than a mobile. this site makes way more sens to navigate on a desk top... had no clue this was going to pop up on the main lmfao!!!! it does!!! always wonderd why ppl seen my shit that didnt fallow me!!!! im getting it... slowly...
anybody ride form grand junction co to slc lately? whats the ride like rn?
A Jack-of-all-trades, and a master at being MEDIOCRE
gkyuguhilhhjkbkjgyvhgcdtrs56t7y89u0ipklnbhrtyujnutrefr7yjnkihw tov hhtol
roughdraft wrote on Hobo richard's profile.
nice to have you, welcome to the forum
Matt Derrick wrote on BlowUpTrains's profile.
Hey man, where ya been?