Any extreme climbers here?

salxtina

Reaction score
So I've done a bit of cliff climbing and repelling before but I don't have any of my own gear, I'm wondering what people's advice is, on the basic minimum I'd need to buy (bike helmet ok? do I really need the climbing shoes or are chucks good enough?) - Also if anyone wants to meet up for climbing trips, I'm looking to go to Red River Gorge at the beginning of July, etc... Peace!

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
2 jumars. 2 70 meter ropes thickest you can find. a safety 8. good, locking biners. seat harness with suspenders. sleeping platform. but im an arborist, not a mountaineer, so our gear needs may be different :)

go to black diamond.com or rei and youll find all kinds of cool stuff.

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en...uble-portaledge-BD8104510000ALL1.html#start=7

http://www.tentsile.com ahahaha and, of course, http://efclimbers.net/guides-from-the-guild/

Last edited:
Reactions: paterdot

MarsOrScars

Reaction score
Website
knotcraft.net
I'm getting there. I've been hitting the gym regularly for the past couple of months and I'm trying to plan going on my first outdoor bouldering experience. Climbing is like my drug lately, and once my hand is all healed up, I'll be right back up on the routes!

wildcountry

Reaction score
So I've done a bit of cliff climbing and repelling before but I don't have any of my own gear, I'm wondering what people's advice is, on the basic minimum I'd need to buy (bike helmet ok? do I really need the climbing shoes or are chucks good enough?) - Also if anyone wants to meet up for climbing trips, I'm looking to go to Red River Gorge at the beginning of July, etc... Peace!

you bet!!
if your ever down in Connecticut this summer hit me up. still in cali till my bros baby is born.

Frodo

Reaction score
i tried climbing in moab in november with a harness, helmet and shoes. had a real hard time at of it finding partners. i feel like if i wanna climb hardcore ill need a car. if anyone has tips lemme have em.

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
i don't climb or anything but I would def get an actual helmet for it. I know bike helms arent all that great. I think after a 15mph impact they're basically useless. i can imagine falling for a couple seconds and getting whipped into a wall would probably exceed that. but, like i said, i dont rock climb.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads