Anticosti Island | Squat the Planet

Anticosti Island

Sarah Streal

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticosti_Island
I'm really looking forward to hopefully making it to Anticosti Island once the snow melts.
Saving up some cash for the trip as the last thing I'd want is to be stranded on a mostly empty island with no fallback.
I'm so excited. I've been looking at this island since I was young and never knew what it was.
Does anybody know much about this place? Nobody has been able to tell me much.

Jdm81

Reaction score
Sarah, I have a friend who worked there as a cook in some fancy hunting lodge. Apparently its super expensive to get there, mostly private/charter planes and such, and there isn't much of anything besides forest, and everything costs a fortune. But the photos she took were pretty beautiful. I think you'd have to be prepared to really live off the land, or bring a lot of supplies (or money)..But I have thought about it myself, as I love visiting islands most people don't know about (Been to Newfoundland - okay most people have heard of it, but most around here have never been, Magdalen islands, St Pierre and Miquelon...)

John

Jdm81

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think it might also take a government permit to go there, something about restricting the number of people cause it's a nature preserve (which is kind of fucked cause apparently most of the infrastructure that exists is to cater to rich hunters)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads