Another new guy

Vulture

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm sick of everything society related, so I want to completely drop out. I realize this is drastic, so I figure I should read up first. I think I will make my decision by the end of this semester.

My logic is if there is a life that if I can live without being a hypocrite (in regard to my ideals), then that is the life I should live. I'm a loner, so I don't have much to lose anyway.

I guess this is mostly for practical purposes. Thanks for existing STP.
Vulture

Last edited:

Vulture

Reaction score
yer welcome kid. i dropped outta society a long time ago...but tried to re-enter it...and now at this old age simply accepted who i am: just another misfit who will live his life on his own terms, whether i live or die. life is too short to live it based on what others want for you.

we all have to figure out one single thing though. how do we make a living? figure that out and live out your life on your ideals. i am the same way. i absolutely hate hypocrisy and being fake. i am not talking about being rude or an asshole. i am talking about kissing ass beyond a gentle thank you which is sincere or especially political correctness. if you don't conform in society to illogical things, you will be an outcast.

actually if you are in IT or don't mind doing occupational work as you travel (or just doing seasonal work like those deadliest catch tv show guys), you can hack out an existence, no problem. what bothers me most is corporate structure. become a drone for a few decades (if you live that long) and then one day you're old. your dick won't get up, your back aches, and you look nasty in the mirror. you also stink because old people stink (yes non-enal 2, a real chemical produced by old ppl. ages 40 and up, here's lookin' at me, yuck).

my point is no one likes corporate drone america. we all (or mostly) hate our bosses who get retarded orders from up above. we are sick of being afraid of being laid off as the ceo gets a raise after we are fired because he ended up making a profit by cutting labor costs. what is the solution to this? i don't have one. i gave up a short time ago. whatever happens, happens. a decade ago, i had a set of plans. today, i have a completely different result. wtf.

Well, I figure I do it the old fashioned way, eat/ drink what I can from where I find it. I can squat where I find a place. I have long known I'm an outcast, as I was the one who cast myself out. I want to drop out of everything, which includes money, and consequently what you call "a living". I hate the corporate structure; I had been preparing to become militant, but decided that it was futile to do so alone. Also I noted the hypocrisy in buying gasoline for molotovs to fight capitalism.

My solution is for everyone to deny the authority of the government by civil disobedience, which in a way, a principle of this forum. Either that, or everyone become militant. One, in my eyes, is not hypocritical as the other.

In regard to plans, it is best not to set any! If you don't set plans, you cannot fail in accomplishing them. or perhaps more practically, set very few plans that are practical and within a short time-frame.

Thanks for the welcome, PotBellyFatGuy.

F

Fanatical Steward

It appears unreasonable to expect on any extensive trip to spend $0 because of incidental costs. It, however, certainly remains possible to have extremely low cost trips.

Vulture

Reaction score
It appears unreasonable to expect on any extensive trip to spend $0 because of incidental costs. It, however, certainly remains possible to have extremely low cost trips.
Yes, also Nicotine is stored very securely:/ But the idea is to not contribute to corporate wealth close to the normal level of contribution.
Again, I'm new, my theories possibly are fragile and naive.

PotBellyFatGuy

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
In regard to plans, it is best not to set any! If you don't set plans, you cannot fail in accomplishing them. or perhaps more practically, set very few plans that are practical and within a short time-frame.

yeah, 2016 is the year (really end of 2015) when i decided i won't plan for the future again. nearly every single thing i do, i f it up and yes it's my fault, not society, not my parents, not some bad luck. now i just do the best i can, like everyone else, and know that mistakes and screwups are just part of existing.

Reactions: travelingjoe

Vulture

Reaction score
yeah, 2016 is the year (really end of 2015) when i decided i won't plan for the future again. nearly every single thing i do, i f it up and yes it's my fault, not society, not my parents, not some bad luck. now i just do the best i can, like everyone else, and know that mistakes and screwups are just part of existing.
Do you really think it is your fault that you fail?
It is, physically your fault, but I think people internalize things that are outside factors until they have been abstracted; they seem then to be internal failures exclusively. One of the reasons I am here is that I think we live in a world with societies that hold us to inhuman standards. These standards can be achieved, yes; but throughout achieving them, we become dehumanized. Take those failures as successes, because by not accomplishing them, you are more human than those who do (in regard to the matter at hand).
Something I live by... perhaps not totally relevant(??). I may have misinterpreted your response.

PotBellyFatGuy

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
nah, no misinterpretation. i look at choices i have made and ultimately i always put people in charge of their lives. not children of course but adults, yeah. if you failed, then i will look at you and tell you directly that you suck and vice versa. i am not a guy who believes in luck over choice and obviously not god. chance exists absolutely but you are better - or worse - than what chance brings.

life has been good to me. i made choices that were shit-resulting, impulsive, blah blah. no complaints but i certainly don't wanna repeat 'em.

Vulture

Reaction score
nah, no misinterpretation. i look at choices i have made and ultimately i always put people in charge of their lives. not children of course but adults, yeah. if you failed, then i will look at you and tell you directly that you suck and vice versa. i am not a guy who believes in luck over choice and obviously not god. chance exists absolutely but you are better - or worse - than what chance brings.

life has been good to me. i made choices that were shit-resulting, impulsive, blah blah. no complaints but i certainly don't wanna repeat 'em.
I have noticed, people here are less concerned about the world and more concerned about living in it. I guess that may be better. And yes, I agree with your idea of personal accountability. Everything is a choice. Life is, on the abstract, more binary than most people think.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads