Another Aspiring Voluntary Hobo | Squat the Planet

Another Aspiring Voluntary Hobo

Coughing Prophet

Reaction score
So, we've all seen this one before. A kid at the age of nineteen, aspiring to never work an hour in his life, never spend a penny on anything, and live in rent-free establishments. Stuck in the frozen north, where this lifestyle would surely kill those unprepared and with a lack of knowledge on what to do.

Ironically, I am that kid with the unpreparedness and lack of knowledge on what to do. I had always stared at the starry sky with dreamy eyes, thinking about a land where a person didn't need to buy from corporations. A land where food materialized in the palm of someone's hand when they wished for it. A magical place where the slavery society was torn asunder and revoked completely.

And so here I am. Given a book called "Evasion" by a man with a backpack, living the romantic life. He told me to pass it on, but damn it is just so hard to let it go from my clutches as the road winds ahead. Squatting a small lot with three abandoned buildings but ravaged by walls caked with black mold. Shoplifting my meals from the local Safeway. Digging through dumpsters for necessities.

I guess my reason for being here could be summed up into, "Teach me everything you know." After finding a way to escape Alaska's harsh winters without proper ID or a birth certificate, I don't ever plan on looking back to what so many people live day after day.

bote

Reaction score
the first thing you need to do is read some better books, check the bokk recommendations on here, there are some very well read people here. Also. check the thread on evasion andsee what people had to say.

Rash L

Reaction score
I just started re-reading On The Road last night, definitely worth reading (and re-reading, and re-reading every few months). But yeah, GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE!

Coughing Prophet

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes, all. The book Evasion coming into my hands was sort of just a novel event in itself, since it was given to me by a guy doing exactly what I want to do. I don't read too much into the book itself. To me, it's just like reading a fantasy book.

I'm not one of those guys who is going to read the book and then look in dumpsters expecting to find an infinite supply of bagels... or any bagels at all.

Thanks for the suggestion on other reads, however. I am sure that Evasion is not the only book based on the lifestyle that I will be reading, we all gotta start at something though.

Any other folks around here from the Alaska area?

Sage

Reaction score
I just started re-reading On The Road last night, definitely worth reading (and re-reading, and re-reading every few months). But yeah, GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE!

I quote halfway before forgetting at a friends,what i read so far was great. Pretty sure someone from here is from Alaska prophet.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads