An Informed Shoplifting Tutorial (5 Viewers)

I give up

Lurker
The best and only advice I can give is Rob corporate ventures blind, but don't fuck with a mom and pop shop. Have some humility and ask you'll probably get more than you expected

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Stolze

Lurker
Current Location
east coast
I've found, in my experiences, that there are a few tools one must have when pulling off a store heist.

One... Neodymium magnets. These can be taken from any Home Depot with relative ease. The round ones come in packs of three and I suggest 4 packs. These are also referred to as "rare earth magnets" and easily disable any alpha box or spider wires. :::: watch YouTube tutorial on how to use them::::

Two: a folding razor knife. These can be also be found at Home Depot.

I've found that a Ralph Lauren polo and a good pair of jeans with some desert boots is the best costume to wear when pulling off some job. You don't appear that you're over dressing, but appear to have some money to your name. I mean, it is a 90.00 shirt you're wearing.
Macy's is a particularly easy store to steal from. Take shirts into dressing room, pull out magnets, take security tag off, fold shirt, stuff in waistband, and voila'.

I've grabbed game systems, watches, jewelry, clothing, just about anything any store feels that you can't take to which something as simple as a magnet will disable their security.

Why do I steal? I don't need 20 Polo shirts, or 200.00 pair of jeans, but FUCK THEM is why I do it.

Hypnofrog

Lurker
Current Location
Springfield, MO
I've found, in my experiences, that there are a few tools one must have when pulling off a store heist.

One... Neodymium magnets. These can be taken from any Home Depot with relative ease. The round ones come in packs of three and I suggest 4 packs. These are also referred to as "rare earth magnets" and easily disable any alpha box or spider wires. :::: watch YouTube tutorial on how to use them::::

Two: a folding razor knife. These can be also be found at Home Depot.

I've found that a Ralph Lauren polo and a good pair of jeans with some desert boots is the best costume to wear when pulling off some job. You don't appear that you're over dressing, but appear to have some money to your name. I mean, it is a 90.00 shirt you're wearing.
Macy's is a particularly easy store to steal from. Take shirts into dressing room, pull out magnets, take security tag off, fold shirt, stuff in waistband, and voila'.

I've grabbed game systems, watches, jewelry, clothing, just about anything any store feels that you can't take to which something as simple as a magnet will disable their security.

Why do I steal? I don't need 20 Polo shirts, or 200.00 pair of jeans, but FUCK THEM is why I do it.
yea this is the gist of my shoplifting mantra, look like you belong in the store youre in. also have a plan of attack before you even enter the store, and an idea of what you want and where it is so youre not wandering around get in get out and you will be fine. ive literally been caught twice in my life and it was because i didnt follow those rules.

OP
A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
I really shouldnt post this as I don't advocate shoplifting except in dire emergencies but the scientist in me can't resist responding to poor soul who got busted with the 'magic bag'

Aluminum foil is no longer viable for magic bags because most stores now use RFID and EM tags in conjunction. Aluminum foil will block the RFID tag but will actually amplify the magnetic field of the EM tag (idk why)

Aluminum foil was never the top choice either. I believe the pros actually used mylar but don't quote me on this.

You can make a functional magic purse or pouch but you need to do more research into RF shielding and download an emf (?) Scanner app on your phone.. Purses would work the best due to full enclosure so dress in drag guys.

The moral of the story is to emf test your bag..don't just randomly line your purse with foil cause u saw it on TV. And always do your own research kids it can save your life!

Consequently this app will usually tell you if an item is tagged. I will do more testing (for fun) and post my results.

Pray for me i don't wanna go to jail for one of my experiments but u know me once I get that bug in my brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
Why would you not advocate shoplifting? Out of curiosity...
I don't want to be a bad influence on the kiddos lol. I don't want anyone to ever go to jail because of something I said. But I guess by saying it..

tacopirate

Rambler
Current Location
I was only curious. I've always been taught that shoplifting from corporations is ok. Never from small business. Though, that is a bit idealistic...

OP
A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
I was only curious. I've always been taught that shoplifting from corporations is ok. Never from small business. Though, that is a bit idealistic...
That's pretty much how I feel as well. I mean every megaretail store got where they are on the backs of sweatshop labor but at the same time jail is jail and a magic bag might land you with a felony burglary tools charge if the DA office is overly zealous.

OP
A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
Really I wrote the post to try and prevent anyone from going to jail.

tacopirate

Rambler
Current Location
I get it. I know a lot about LP and have been to prison for retail fraud. It sucks, and I think you had the correct idea.

OP
A

AlwaysLost

I deleted myself
I get it. I know a lot about LP and have been to prison for retail fraud. It sucks, and I think you had the correct idea.
I don't want to sound too hypocritical, I'm here learning new tricks in case I hit an emergency situation and need to shoplift and if I can help somebody else hopefully not get caught then the karmic loop is complete.

But now my brain won't be happy until I perfect the rf shielded pouch for my STP amigos.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberLifter

Lurker
Current Location
HOW TO DEFEAT CAMERAS

Little known fact. If you bring a common laser pointer and point it at any camera, it will jam the camera it will literally look like the camera was blotted out by the sun. Or any decide that emites a high frequency ulta violet or infared beam. It works. Its a little known fact and it can not only blot the video, but prolonged use on said camera will destroy the video mechanism, depending on beam str. Im sure you havnt seen this on any post online, But if you are u nsure it works then get a lazer pointed and point it at your cell phone cam or any cam you have access too. Happy Shoplifting with you know knowledge.

Current Location
NYC
Well, you have the right to review all evidence against you before it's presented in court, so if you were charged, you could watch the tape with your PD/lawyer, and see what you thought of the situation after that.
Yes, but you have to choose to go to trial to make the discovery of evidence against you, which means if it good clear video you re stuck going to trial with that being presented against you. T least in NYC from my experience.

BadBoBo

Current Location
Manchester New Hampshire
props to that statement. please dont rely on "store rules" to save your ass. some store employees dont give a shit about the rules. like the bathroom thing, i wouldnt advise it. because what if you go into the bathroom with all this shit and start ripping open packages and hear a knock at your stall door telling you your fucked? no where to run huh! HELLO, JUST BECAUSE THE WORK FOR THE STORE DOESNT MEAN THEY CANT GO INTO THE BATHROOM.

Has anyone ever tried going to the family bathroom? The door locks so you can have privacy

GrimmWolff

Lurker
Current Location
Rennes, france
O.K. Here's some thin's I've been working on globally & never steal so much as use the system they are working to overthrow the work they've put into it for your own advantage.

1: always take off electronic tags if possible.

2: U Scan! The greatest thing ever! You can always enter what ever codes you want. I generally use 90110 or 90113, Oats. You can enter any bulk number you want & get away with it. I generally enter Spanish so if I get caught plead ignorance. Also do this while the cashier is not paying attention. If you can't work it, just tell the cashier you made a mistake.

3: Alcohol. You can take UPC codes of 2 or 3$ bottle of wines, ports, etc. & put it on a higher value bottle. I used to have a cached of around 500$ for about 50$ worth of UPC codes exchanged & put over the higher price ones. Just make sure you take off the electronic tracking device off.

4: Also when needing other items, I get some salad greens, or something bulk that's large & throw it in the & get the weight price. Currently I travel with a few cans of Japanese Matcha tea. At 25$ a can I throw it into my Collard greens usually 2 at a time & just ring it up. If you ever have a problem just mention that it must have fell in.

4: Ja' there will be more & thanks for all the posts as this is how we need to live in these fucked up times of capitalist oppression. Instead of fighting the power, just study it & use it as your own weapon!

More to follow in the future!

GreyAiedail

Lurker
Current Location
Pleasanton, California
I used to live around a lot of drugs and gangs. As kids, we would do minor shoplifting at retail stores or gas stations. With hoodies or jackets, you can hover your hand over something and pretend to be deciding and slip it in your palm. Sometimes the hovering draws attention, so just place your hand on the object and quickly slip it in as you lift. If somebody is watching, you can grab two of something and somewhere along the way, slip the extra up your sleeve then into your pocket. Hoodies with a double pocket thing are good for fitting more stuff in, or for stuffing things under, but are more likely to raise suspicion. Always scope out cameras, preferably beforehand, but using the sleeve method normally works if you're careful and aware of what/who's around you. Good when lifting candy/granola bars/anything in a neat stack in a small box. Body shielding helps if done discreetly. I cut, so if I flash my wrist scars around employees they generally don't stare too much at my jacket. It helps that I'm a small-ish sized girl and normally look too depressed to be a threat. I read through the posts so far, there's some really good information on bigger jobs or just lifting in general. To clear some stuff up on my part-
1. Don't lift from small stores, they need the money more than Walmart
2. When creating a method or system, keep in mind where you are/what you look like/what you can get away with
3. Do not ever self-harm for the sake of pity-points with store employees, it doesn't always work. As hypocritical as it is, cutting/burning/bruising/etc is not worth it, it's better to try and attack whatever is making you feel the need to self-harm.
4. Try to bring money and buy something else for cheap, so if caught you can pretend you forgot to pay
5. Give money/donate food where you can. Life is shit for a lot of people, sometimes they could use a wannabe Robin Hood.

Bonus story-
I live in a more wealthy white people place now, and Safeway has an open bakery thing where you can grab/bag a bagel or donut. Grab a few, self-checkout, put in 1 for amount (if you're feeling moral that day, maybe closer to the actual amount), pay, walk away. Use the paper bags so they can't see, but most of the time employees aren't looking that close anyways. I've considered just walking out with them, but I'm a repeat customer so I want to stay under the radar. Once, it detected the weight was off, so I just took it off the tray, cancelled the message, and paid without them noticing. Most of the time I'm lifting so I can make breakfast for some kids I know or at least feed them something.

Current Location
Vancouver
Interesting. Seems slightly logistically conplicated in the sense of where do you store the "stolen" goods (a friend walks up behind you, after youve paid?and walks out). Seems clunky because the cashiers are usually within 10 feet of the door. Doable but clumsy.

Stealing works best if you can front cash and "double up". Here is a variation of the xbox one i mentions in "rei": hit up a store like walmart that carries multiple items and grab a walmart bag. steal a plastic walmart bag and fill it and a cart with the same stuff. ACTUALLY buy the stuff in the cart and watch them bag it (only fill one bag) things like cds, t-shirts, small stuff. Then when you have gone through the cash (and they have de-mangnetized the stuff) switch the bags so you have the "stolen" stuff. then walk out the front, set the alarm off, have you buddy holding the paid for stuff leave the store then and when they see you beeping they will look in your bag, check your receipt see you paid and let you walk (sometimes they put it all through the de-magnetic shit again) off usually detering cameras and personel at the same time. now on the outside you have 2 for 1, just have your alternate return the stuff using the receipt. walmart is great because you return stuff at the customer care and have no chance of seeing the cashier you were helped by

Davina Wolf

Lurker
Current Location
Washington DC
A lot of good tips here. I just lifted something for the first time today and then decided to google tips and found this forum :)

Interestingly, Macy's does not seem to staff their fitting rooms. Occasionally maybe every 15-20 minutes an employee will come up to the door and sign a sheet that says they checked in, but for the most part no one is ever around in the women's intimates. I managed to get 6 very nice bras today. I used to be adamantly against shoplifting, but frankly I just needed some new underwear. Now I'm thinking perhaps I should try some other things. It was a pretty cool experience. I had no idea it was so easy to get away with either.

I simply took tags off and left. There was a sign that said clothing contains "internal security devices", but my sister worked in Target and she says that's just a BS sign to scare people. She also works in Vons now and says that employees literally cannot do anything when they see someone steal. All they can do is just record the information regarding what happened. Once I was in the Dollar Tree a few weeks ago and some shoppers got told off by the manager who suspected them of stealing. All she could do was deny them the ability to purchase something at the cash register. She couldn't confront them beyond that.

I think I might try taking some other small stuff but I've decided I'm not going to get cocky about it. If a fitting room is attended then I see no point. Best not to steal more than a few items. I scoped out the Macy's a couple days before to make sure the situation was tenable.

I've never stolen before until now, but based on many of these posts I'm now wondering if the reason employees often approach me is because they are trying to deter me from stealing. Its funny because the one time I've stolen I was never approached by anyone, and I'm a pretty upstanding citizen beyond that lol The area was practically abandoned.

Still, I don't plan to do it often. Only for stuff that's important. I don't think I'd ever have the guts to go for something super expensive like carts full of goods lol some of you are pretty ballsy. I'd love to steal something electronic like a cell phone, computer or eReader, but I don't have the courage, and frankly don't have too dire need of such things.

Do you think stealing is an addiction? I hope I don't become a clepto, if that's the case lol
Yes I think it could become an addiction.

I've never shoplifted before but have been broke the last few months and stuck between a rock and a hard place. My underwear were literally shredding so I've swiped several packages from Macy's and will go back to get a few other things because I'm wearing rags. I only take what I need and will stop when I get an income coming in soon. I don't feel bad about shoplifting from Macy's because I've had their credt cards three times in the past and they screwed me over each time--that is a racket that they're running. I'm reading these "how to shoplift" blogs to reduce my chance of getting caught.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $55.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $55.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $55.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!
dumpsternavel wrote on Erinn Oface's profile.
I wanna see more of your arrrrttttttt
I made it to dayton with time to spare, i went belen/kc(for supplies)/chicago(i got robbed)/indy/dayton. Besides getting robbed in chicago the trip has been great, quick trains good kickdowns and a nice 2 ride hitchhike to dayton.
io2286 wrote on coolusername123's profile.
Hobosexual- someone who has a relationship to get a place to stay
Happy friday the 13th!
Hmu or send something my way
Cheers!
It takes forever to do profiles via smartphone.. I'll fill this out on a laptop later.. me and my wife, Straps, recently moved from NC to central Ohio and are looking for like minded folks. Oldschool punk and metal etc is our tastes but not limited to. She does Vocals as well as I.. I also play bass. And am currently working on a demo. Think serial killer true crime punk.. not 'horror punk'.. true horror, yes.
*will update tonight
wheels are made for rollin/mules are made to pack/I never seen a sight that didnt look better lookin back

Staff online