An Informed Shoplifting Tutorial (3 Viewers)

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
the clouds
on steeling from walmart home depot lowes and other places with a garden section
get the stuff you want
walk into the garden section
go to the fence
pass the stuff through the fence to your waiting friends or leave it there then go around grab it and go
comprende?
fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

also: lol @ receipt shopping, happens to me all the time, only with crackhead idiots. "hurrr durr, where can i find this UPC number?" (our receipts print the UPC right next to the item description).

EastCoast315

Current Location
Central New York State
Are you dead positive that most domes are fake? I believe it, but I gotta double check, thats risky.
You gotta think though, there are like 98237423 domes in every wal mart, it would be a massive waste of money to get that many real cameras. They could finance it, but why would they?

christa

Lurker
Current Location
united states
Website
www.myspace.com
A trick I always used was switching tags with things such as Carharts and using the self check out. The problem with those machines is they have the weight of their products already calculated in the machine, but when you buy vegetables it has to weigh it for you, presto i have 2 lbs of apples that is dog food. just look out for the people at the front. its not stealing cuz you can blame it on the machine.

DCLXVI

Lurker
Current Location
east tn
Another tip: Don't steal from "Super Target", unless you've got some brass knuckles to take to the fatso secret shoppers... haha!

Withn those black domes, if you can line them up with a light, you can se if anything is in there or not.
Tips and tricks: -Wear a jansport backwards inside your jacket, and filler up..
-carry tools: razor, wire snips etc.
-scope out your target ahead of time and spend as LITTLE time in enemy territory as possible. Fuck bathrooms and dressing rooms unless..
-you need to conceal and then use privacy of restroom to remove security devices..
-Be creative and ALWAYS have a story on tap in case you do get jacked up
-When in doubt give them the "this merch isn't worth dying for" face and haul ass!

I know I'll think of more.. Put it this way, I was on the streets for nearly ten years and I begged three times. You can only get so much out of a dumpster, you do the math. I was also never a mugger in case you wondered

peace

*Tag switch*- Takes a little capitol(i know) to make work. Basically, Puchase legeit the cheapest power tool/ pressure washer,etc. (anything that has variety of grade of quality) Take home, scan cheap sticker with upc and all dat. Print said scan upon sticker paper. Return to Home Deport an nonchalantly slap cheap sticker upon the cadillac tool overtop of legit one. Approach cluless teller with a smile and buy that shit. Return Cheaper tool with legit receipt. Then either use or sell expensive model and hears angels sing. helps if you know contractor types etc.
Get creative the sticker trick WORKS! Helps if you have (not to be LOOKist or anything lol) squareish looking homie for the return.

AArgh too many licks that I promised I would never reveal.. Stay tuned

Jnx

Lurker
5. You have to pass all points of sale and exit the store, making no attempt to pay for the merchandise
When I was caught shoplifting I didn't exit the store. I had gone to a corner of the store, ripped off the tag and put the item(s) in my pocket. The manager came up to me and told me to come with him in which he proceeded to take me to the basement of the store. Before we went downstairs I told him I had the money to pay for it. He said it doesn't matter. As soon as we got downstairs he called the cops, they came, took my information, and I had to go to court.

Not sure how true #5 is.

Isa Pizza

Lurker
Current Location
nowhere
some of this stuff is really good, the best though i think is speed. also, being a woman helps, u can generally get out of searches and your less likely to be physically forced to stay in the store. plus you can just be down right adorable. haha just put on a hannah montana t shirt or something.. i worked in a fred meyers and their policy is if you wont come with them they cant force you, they will say they can but its lies. also the instore undercover dudes have oldschool phones on their hips. dead givaways.

Current Location
atlantic city new jersey
if you have something like a splint and ur bandage to wrap around it theres an easy wat to do it. when i had my broken arm i would just pick some items out go to a dressing room and un wrap my splint i would put it in the bottom of my splint wrap it all back up and start trying on things. make sure to take ur time even if ur not rly trying anything on. its worked for me with shirts panties and socks small things work nice.

If you're caught, can you get away with saying "Oops, I totally forgot to pay!"? Especially if you're a girl? I've recently been shoplifting small items out of stores.

foxtailV

Lurker
Current Location
Portsmouth NH
i got caught in the health food dumpster by the manager . She threaten to call the cops and had a sadist llok in her eyes, i dont have much for ffod so when that happened i went without for 2 monthes i lost even more weight than i ever lost travelin , i even lost my ass litarally. My eyes sunk into my skull and my face looked like a concentration camp nominee. Well i started going into the store and am now acquainted with everyone in the store. I go into the store twice a day for 2 monthes more and been housing shit ever since. HaHa The best is i got this straw hat that i can put any meal in. I wear the hat on my back from the string on my neck and a hankechief covers up the tensity of the cord around my neck. Its totally solid. i can fit a whole giant yogurt or oddwalla or a bunch of things from the deli. Its so crazy u just wouldnt think! a couple of times, before i perfected it i put loose items like powerbars and they would just slip out as i walked so it takes some gettin used to, but its my bread and butter. Im Happy i get what i want!

Fwingnut

Sharing info on how to escape and not get caught is cool. The scams need to get the fuck off this website. Thieves need to teach other thieves these extra skills/scams in person.

Alot of kids who can read this shit will have just enough balls to try it, but not enough nerve to accomplish it, and in the process blow the shit right the fuck up.

Man I know of places where you can walk in, get all you can carry and walk out without even bothering to conceal em, and they can't do a fucking thing about it. But I'll be god damned if I'll post it on here.

Those threads with the scams posted on em need to be shot and killed.

the idiot

Lurker
Current Location
Colorado
Careful bringing in weapons to shoplift. I had some LP threaten to charge me with armed robbery for using a razor to steal. I'm pretty sure they were just trying to scare me, but catch LP on a bad day and you might be playing some bad odds.

In my experience shoplifting, confidence is the key. Scratch that; a good pair of legs and willingness to part with the stolen items is key.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
all of this is pretty common sense shit...

if you steal often enough, you will get caught. there is no fool proof tips on becoming mr/mrs sticky fingers. not being a idiot and shoplifting drunk or crust lorded out helps though. if you walk in with knuckle tattoos that say "fuck work" smelling like puke from the night before while your 5 friends and 18 dogs wait outside looking nervous or drunk chances are not only lp agents, but the regular workers are all going to think you are there to steal. whether or not they care enough to stop you is another thing. people are lazy, just because you havnt been caught doesnt mean your a master thief, it just means people didnt care enough to do anything about it.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Sharing info on how to escape and not get caught is cool. The scams need to get the fuck off this website. Thieves need to teach other thieves these extra skills/scams in person.

Alot of kids who can read this shit will have just enough balls to try it, but not enough nerve to accomplish it, and in the process blow the shit right the fuck up.

Man I know of places where you can walk in, get all you can carry and walk out without even bothering to conceal em, and they can't do a fucking thing about it. But I'll be god damned if I'll post it on here.

Those threads with the scams posted on em need to be shot and killed.
i agree with the scam part, but i havnt seen anything posted that was new to me. actualy i didnt read anything in this thread about shoplifting that wasnt in evasion...

Eden

Lurker
Current Location
No price is too high to pay
all of this is pretty common sense shit...

if you steal often enough, you will get caught. there is no fool proof tips on becoming mr/mrs sticky fingers. not being a idiot and shoplifting drunk or crust lorded out helps though. if you walk in with knuckle tattoos that say "fuck work" smelling like puke from the night before while your 5 friends and 18 dogs wait outside looking nervous or drunk chances are not only lp agents, but the regular workers are all going to think you are there to steal. whether or not they care enough to stop you is another thing. people are lazy, just because you havnt been caught doesnt mean your a master thief, it just means people didnt care enough to do anything about it.
This. This. This. Shoplifting is not an art and deals purely with common sense. Most workers in stores are apathetic about shoplifting, they aren't stupid. After working wherever for a fair amount of time, anyone can call out a shoplifter when they see one. The golden rule of shoplifting to be inconspicuous and that's all you really need to know.

A fun little fact: most retail employees are contractually obligated to take no real action against you when or if they catch you shoplifting. Even if you're caught there is literally nothing stopping you from walking out the door with what you lifted. Workers are meant to only mark down their loss and report it to LP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $70.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $70.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $70.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!
dumpsternavel wrote on Erinn Oface's profile.
I wanna see more of your arrrrttttttt
I made it to dayton with time to spare, i went belen/kc(for supplies)/chicago(i got robbed)/indy/dayton. Besides getting robbed in chicago the trip has been great, quick trains good kickdowns and a nice 2 ride hitchhike to dayton.
io2286 wrote on coolusername123's profile.
Hobosexual- someone who has a relationship to get a place to stay
Happy friday the 13th!
Hmu or send something my way
Cheers!
It takes forever to do profiles via smartphone.. I'll fill this out on a laptop later.. me and my wife, Straps, recently moved from NC to central Ohio and are looking for like minded folks. Oldschool punk and metal etc is our tastes but not limited to. She does Vocals as well as I.. I also play bass. And am currently working on a demo. Think serial killer true crime punk.. not 'horror punk'.. true horror, yes.
*will update tonight
wheels are made for rollin/mules are made to pack/I never seen a sight that didnt look better lookin back

Staff online

Members online