An Informed Shoplifting Tutorial (3 Viewers)

All I have to say is text books text books text books!!!!! I've been hitting student book stores for years and years. I even find quite a few text books in the dumpster at the end of the semester.. But books are normally good for at least like 30 or 40 bucks.. I was getting some sciences books one time with a dvd that were worth 125 a piece.... But yea I got tackled coming out of there with like 400 worth of books by 3 old men it was really quite funy!!

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
OP
A

Arapala

I deleted myself
Good tips in there. I have never heard of that double up idea before. Took me a minute to understand it, but shit, sounds like id work to me.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
Philly.
my method was the push out. screw the small crap. i nabbed t.v.s,home theaters,a.c.s,pneumatic tools. just pulled the snitches off the box. throw it in a cart and casually walk out.also like at lowes or home depot i would go in and grab an expensive faucet[$300+] open it up, jumble the parts,and take it to the returns counter and get store credit on a gift card.i would fence them for 50cents on the dollar. i also had to push an extra cart for my balls. i'm still on the lamb from my parole for that spree. i have lifetime bans from7 stores,9 counts of retail thefts, 3criminal conspiracy to commit retail theft,3counts of criminal trespass for violating bans.they got me for some of those by going back on camera.

Current Location
Middle of nowhere, but from NOLABABY
Website
www.myspace.com
I used to work in the mall, and most of the cameras don't really work. Most are just there to make you think they work. And when we thought someone was stealing shit, we couldn't do anything. We had to call mall security and they had to wait outside the door until the people walked out. Bc its not technically stealing until they walk out the store. Once they leave, then security can grab them and bring them back in the store then we had to call the cops. It wasn't worth the trouble most of the time. And in most clothing stores, they have the security tags that trip the alarm [not the big plastic ones], but they can be cut out with a razor or scissors. The big plastic ones can be cut with the straight razor in a line and slip the tag out and then sewn back up. I've been stealing from the mall for years.

UrbanTurtle

Lurker
Current Location
miami
KEVIlgeNius~
oh my gosh that is such a good idea. the only thing that i can think of besides watching the switch on the cameras, is all the merchandise is individually ID with RFID's, those giant looking computer chip things that are put into CD's cases, movies, games ect., ect. Those can be easily read and obviously recognized as a different product. But your whole concept is witty.

OP
R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

I deleted myself
Thank you so much for this post, it is really helpful.

Current Location
the only accurate location is australia :p
lol ive stolen alot from the dallar tree, mostly shitty food, and every time they're like "security to area b" and the workers dont do shit. i allways wondered about that.
when i worked in a supermarket as a kid they would always play that randomly over the speakers but its a bluff. If there was a real security call they would say Mr Smith to said area. Maybe the kids don't run then and they can catch em...dunno..

Swiper

Lurker
while this is a very informative and helpful thread, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY. they monitor our every move, and the less incriminating evidence they can get against you, the better. it's a bad idea to post things say i've stole this or this scam works like that. while it's awesome to share information, remember that this site is most likely being watched.
watch out for each other because no one else will!

Current Location
Texas
the packages for certain electronics in some stores are easy to grab and cut open with a straight razor so you can avoid having alarms go off.

me and a buddy used to take x box controllers and sell them for beer money.

also its suprising how many people you can take with you to do a beer run and get away with it.

i've gone into stores with 5-6 people and came out with 10-16 cases of beer.

as long as you get to the door before they say something, you're usually good.

but if you get caught before then, good luck

Current Location
Huntington, WV
Website
www.twitter.com
A couple things I've noticed, also...
If you're in a smaller store, and it seems like an employee(s) following you around, or asks if you need help with anything, it's usually meant as a preemptive measure to prevent lifting. I've been busted like this before. Probably deserved it, running out of the local Walgreens after the alarms went, and heard "Is there anything I can help you find" at least twenty times. ANYWAYS. If someone asks you, and you're carrying, it's in your best interest to either empty out nonchalantly, or keep the shit and book it.

And for concealing, I've noticed that it's quite easy to discreetly grab a candy bar or two, or a sausage, and hold it in the sleeve of my jacket. Almost the same as what you said about stuffing it in your pocket, but if you can't get it in your pocket, keep it up your sleeve, and hold it there at your side. Just be careful that nobody sees it, and be careful not to drop it.

RenegadeGypsy

Lurker
Current Location
Where the wind blows me, California
Website
www.myspace.com
pift. who cares about the alarms...especially at place like Walmart. All the old lady greeter says when it goes off is "excuse me, can you come here?" and naturally, you dont. the one i normally theft from has the security on one side (main entrance) and nothing on the garden exit. Plus, if possible, its a good idea to go out a different door then you came in, looks less suspicious.

Also, Radioshack is hella easy...first off, the alarm is about hip length, you just have the merch. higher up...wait for the employees to turn the other way, and JAM! The thing with them, they will call the cops...but the cops dont really respond to shit like that anyway.

Happy thefting

finn

Playground Monitor

And for concealing, I've noticed that it's quite easy to discreetly grab a candy bar or two, or a sausage...
Once, I put a sausage into my pants in the summer, and ohmygod it was cold! And I couldn't discretely take it out! Lesson learned.

wartomods

Current Location
EU
for the more expert what is better try to run away or talk our way out of it, or it depends on the occasion.

Rstank

Lurker
five fingers make a great discount

READ THIS FIRST: dont be an asshole dont rip off hard working fuckers and DONT GET CAUGHT

WHEN ENTERING STORE: first scope out people/personal, are they watching you? giving dirty looks? they might assume you are about to rack there merch maybe ask a BS question to ease there nerves a bit (while trying to seem as confused and stupid as possible) "uhh where is the redbull"
next scope out cameras if they are the sexy black dome kind try to look where the little circle is pointing and look for blind spots, but dont be to obvious while scopeing cameras

FYI if you are traveling and are likely not comeing back to whatever corporate shithole your in breath a sigh of relief this will be much easier and plus you can make off with a much bigger score

if the shop is big like a fucking walmart all the better take your loot from location and look for a nice quite place to stuff your pants/pockets/bag whatever (i personal sew pockets on the inside of my jacket)
or if you are nervous about alarms (which you shouldnt unless your stealing DVDs and shit) march into there bathrooms and strip it of all its alarm thingies meaning wrapping and packaging untill you just have bare loot

IF YOU ARE RACKING BIG LOOT: i suggest wing man that comes in....agree on a place to meet outside of store not inside! (you dont want a doofus breathing over your fucking shoulder and false alarming you) pending on size of store and security is pending on your wing mans job.....maybe you want them to look suspicious maybe you want them to fuck around diverting attention.think covert think devious there is no limit of shit that can and cant be done use your brain think it through

(for this trick be by yourself)....i always for big scores pick up something small from outside the store making it look like its important and something like ill buy it inside the store
you wait your turn in line get all the way up to the cashier the cashier will porbebly be suspicious of your big full pack of stolen treats this is why you look out the window and exclaim "FUCK...FUCK!!" turn to the pimple faced cashier yuppie and ask "DID MY FUCKING RIDE JUST LEAVE" before he answers yell "WATCH MY SHIT I NEED TO BUY THIS" and run out as if you are chasing some invisible fucking ride that fucker wont know what to do

COMPOSE YOURSELF FUCKER: walk in there like nothings wrong make fucking small talk...i cant tell you how many times i scored something so big with such little friendly words if its hot outside exclaim "WOW ITS FUCKIN HOT OUTSIDE" charm them charm them all
ask them if they have something you know they dont have (or in a flavor you know they dont have) this will look more like your browsing to buy rather then browsing to steal....usually have your stolen goodies secuered before small talk that way you can chat all day you have what you fuckin need already but that asshole dosent know that DONT TRY THE SAME TRICKS ON SOMEPLACE YOU HAVE STOLEN FROM BEFORE

FEEL IT(teehee): feel the place out before you start racking shit look around keep those peepers peeled KEEP CALM keep that blissfull face on all fucking day i rack shit from hick central and they dont know shit i keep calm i feel it out and i trust my gut...if you feel like you might not escape go back into the isle and put it back or exclaim "FRITOS I DONT FUCKING WANT THESE!" AND PULL EM OUT AND SET EM BACK

JUST IN CASE: if they pull you aside before you get out those doors with the loot KEEP CALM and if they demand for you to empty your pockets THEY KNOW dont admit it pull em out and say "OH SHIT I ALMOST WALKED OUT WITH THIS SHIT RED HANDED I WAS GONNA GET MORE SHIT AND I WAS HOLDING THIS IN MY POCKET WHILE I SCOOPED MORE SHIT MY B....FUCK IM AN IDIOT" and before they can say anything get in line and pay for it if you must beats gettin cuffed.....or if they seem unsure that you stole exclaim " MY DAD FUCKING RUNS THIS TOWN.....GO AHEAD CALL THE FUCKING COPS SO I CAN HAVE A WITNESS YOU BIGOT JUST CAUSE I GOT PIERCINGS MEANS I FUCKING STOLE.......WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING MANAGER LET ME TALK TO THEM RIGHT NOW!" crazier shit has happened who knows? might get the shit in your pocket and some shit from the manager....AN ACTOR BRINGS THE DRAMA BE WELL COMPOSED AND ACT LIKE YOUR FREEDOM DEPENDS ON IT ACT YOUR ASS OFF!!

ALARMS:SCENE: "you are walking through the store almost out with your shit untill ut-oh that cursed ding noise" remember the rule feel it out sometimes you just keep walking out the door like nothing happened and you get away....and sometimes you get speared in the parking lot.....always secure a way out bike/ waitingcar
and always be perpared to run and jump some fences look around on the outside of the store as much as in and you will be a successful thief

ill add more when i fool around more and of course as always ill share.....MUCH LOVE SUCKAS and be safe out there.....lets take them down one stuffed pocket at a time:yourock: :goat: :cheers:

Rstank

Lurker
five fingers make a great discount

plz before the comments come piling up the whole supply and demand...i know i know of course it dosent make an impact when one kid steals X amount a year of course it makes no impact its not direct action its a kind of boycott of sorts of course one person eating vegan isnt going to stop the meat industry.....but if we emulate the kind of world you want other people jump on the band wagon, so mathematically lets analyze this if X amount of people steal X amount as a whole a year they must up security then us the people who are "in the know" find ways around that security and the X amount of years we stay active stealing the X amount the X amount of more people jump on the band wagon causing X amount of damage you may not see the results and the damage from gigantic corporate mammoths but it does something whether it be just keeping them in check long enough or keeping them on there toes......id rather rack 1 million dollars of stolen shit up in my lifetime then sit in my fucking room dreaming of when shit will happen.....shit wont happen unless you make it happen either you make the action or you wait to jump on the band wagon thats life we are all in it together, wake up and start thinking about it.....so if shit starts rolling ill be glad to stand there smashing it to the dirt but untill i figure out how to start it in a safe security culture environment and ensure victory for me and MY PEOPLE ill be stealing what i fucking need and ill share it with my brothers and sisters so they dont have to put themselves in that danger ill gladly be the only shoplifter in the fucking world but if anyone wants to join in on the loot and heists here is the guide from my personal experience everyone with there whinning and there complaining can stuff it

farmer john

Lurker
Current Location
DETROIT!!
on steeling from walmart home depot lowes and other places with a garden section
get the stuff you want
walk into the garden section
go to the fence
pass the stuff through the fence to your waiting friends or leave it there then go around grab it and go
comprende?

anarchydave

Lurker
Current Location
anywere i can
heres what i do the trick of shoplifting quickness is the key and make sure you know what you want b4 you ever go in never look at the employes in the face or even at them go in without them even knowing your there find what you want and find a blind spot most stores have a blind spot conceal your shit then go out the door when i was in philly i stold from every cvs there lol theres a scam im going 2 share if your ever in phill go thru the cvs dumpsters and get there garbarge go thru it and look for the receipts make sure there only like a day or so old now you have the receipt now all you have 2 do is steal the item and if you have trouble figureing out what it is on the receipt go into a cvs make up some story like i did i told them my girlfriend came in here and bought something for 20 bucks and we were on a tight budget and i was just curious what it was and she read it 2 me it was tweezers so i went 2 the other cvs stole the tweezers and took them back and got 20 free bucks it works so good luck

adragonfly

Lurker
Current Location
Chicago/Cicero
I used to work in a high end retail shop during high school. you'd think "high end" would mean harder to steal from but really it just means better customer service to thieves lol. aight lemme explain what i mean by that. In the store i worked in, if i saw someone discreetly conceal an article of clothing (thats mainly what we sold), i was taught to go up to them and say "Hi hows your day so far? I saw that you picked out that purple shit that is in your jacket, can i recommend you some of our jeans?" after that i would just walk them to the cashier so they could buy the shirt they tried to steal lol. pretty much they could run away when i approached them and I was told to not do shit. the manager wouldn't do anything either.

Also, if you DO get caught and get a ticket, and the department store says you are banned from store, thats a lie they're just talking shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $70.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $70.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $70.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!
dumpsternavel wrote on Erinn Oface's profile.
I wanna see more of your arrrrttttttt
I made it to dayton with time to spare, i went belen/kc(for supplies)/chicago(i got robbed)/indy/dayton. Besides getting robbed in chicago the trip has been great, quick trains good kickdowns and a nice 2 ride hitchhike to dayton.
io2286 wrote on coolusername123's profile.
Hobosexual- someone who has a relationship to get a place to stay
Happy friday the 13th!
Hmu or send something my way
Cheers!
It takes forever to do profiles via smartphone.. I'll fill this out on a laptop later.. me and my wife, Straps, recently moved from NC to central Ohio and are looking for like minded folks. Oldschool punk and metal etc is our tastes but not limited to. She does Vocals as well as I.. I also play bass. And am currently working on a demo. Think serial killer true crime punk.. not 'horror punk'.. true horror, yes.
*will update tonight
wheels are made for rollin/mules are made to pack/I never seen a sight that didnt look better lookin back

Staff online

Members online