An adventure with the rcmp | Squat the Planet

An adventure with the rcmp

ATX

Reaction score
Today was interesting, to say the least. My girlfriend and I had spent the past two days enjoying this awesome gorge in a town called Grand Falls, NB. Our feet were itching to hit the road again so we headed to the highway, and in this part of Canada it was honestly more of a two lane road. We waited for what I believe was two hours, which we're used to considering we have two dogs. Never in a rush to go anywhere at all. Things changed for us very quickly though.

As we were about to give up for awhile, I see three cop cars coming onto the highway. Odd because I had barely seen any cops at all, and looking at them I realized they were RCMP, the federal police. All of a sudden they turned there lights on and zig zagged around, positioning their cars in a position similar to that you see lined up outside of a bank robbery. They all jump out of their cars, hiding behind their foors brandishing guns. They scream at me to put my hands up and walk towards them slowly. Obviously at this point my heart was pounding but I didn't want to anger them, so I complied. Just a bit embarassed that there was a 30 car pileup of potential rides behind us. They ask us for our ids and start walking us back to our back to our bags. After checking them they explained that last night a couple with a dog fitting our description murdered someone in Toronto, and were expected to be hitchhiking. Fucking great, going to ruin our game for a little while. They apologize and walk back to their cars, laughing. Thanks a bunch guys, right? Fortunately enough one of the cars that witnessed this ordeal pulled over and saved us, taking us all the way to Nova Scotia! We will see how tomorrow ends up, they may just show up again.

Edit: Link to the news article. http://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-po...ects-wanted-in-vaughan-man-s-murder-1.2423624

Last edited:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Sorry that happened but glad it worked out. That would have been quite a shake up in my life!!!

Reactions: Kal and ATX

ATX

Reaction score
Dude cops always say some shit like that to justify the check....

Indeed they do, it's always some kind of bullshit. Though I feel like if they just wanted to check us out they wouldn't stop the entire highway and point guns at us. They told us someone saw the news article and called it in. But you're right, who knows.

Reactions: Kal

angerisagift

Reaction score
Today was interesting, to say the least. My girlfriend and I had spent the past two days enjoying this awesome gorge in a town called Grand Falls, NB. Our feet were itching to hit the road again so we headed to the highway, and in this part of Canada it was honestly more of a two lane road. We waited for what I believe was two hours, which we're used to considering we have two dogs. Never in a rush to go anywhere at all. Things changed for us very quickly though.

As we were about to give up for awhile, I see three cop cars coming onto the highway. Odd because I had barely seen any cops at all, and looking at them I realized they were RCMP, the federal police. All of a sudden they turned there lights on and zig zagged around, positioning their cars in a position similar to that you see lined up outside of a bank robbery. They all jump out of their cars, hiding behind their foors brandishing guns. They scream at me to put my hands up and walk towards them slowly. Obviously at this point my heart was pounding but I didn't want to anger them, so I complied. Just a bit embarassed that there was a 30 car pileup of potential rides behind us. They ask us for our ids and start walking us back to our back to our bags. After checking them they explained that last night a couple with a dog fitting our description murdered someone in Toronto, and were expected to be hitchhiking. Fucking great, going to ruin our game for a little while. They apologize and walk back to their cars, laughing. Thanks a bunch guys, right? Fortunately enough one of the cars that witnessed this ordeal pulled over and saved us, taking us all the way to Nova Scotia! We will see how tomorrow ends up, they may just show up again.

Edit: Link to the news article. http://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-po...ects-wanted-in-vaughan-man-s-murder-1.2423624
hmmmmmm what does NB mean?? like a state? or county?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads