AMAZING desert oasis between el paso and san antonio !!!

bryanpaul

Reaction score
so yeah... san solomon springs.... http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/balmorhea/
div_turtle.jpg
this is a fucking awesome spot a little ways east of where the i-10 and i-20 split is..between ft. stockton and van horn (where INS might pull you off)... the name of the town there is Balmorhea.....it's in balmorhea state park...shit is NUTS!! ......so i guess theres these springs that come up out of the desert there and at some point in the past(you can do yer own research on it) they built these concrete pools and theyre stocked with all these crazy fish and sea turtles and shit...crystal clear water..... i think the one pool goes as deep as 40 feet!! they got diving boards and shit...you'll be swimmin and these huge catfish are coming up and checkin you out and theres all these little fish that be kissin yer skin and suckin on you!...in the middle of the badlands lookin desert!....... me and my girl were hitchin east out of el pisso(after gettin pulled off a train and told it would be jail if they saw us again) so yeah dude picks us up and we got a ride 500 miles to san antone! and he stopped here and bought us snorkels and goggles and shit....anyway, if your on this stretch of road try to stop here, you wont be disapointed....it does cost some amount of money..dont know how much ...but the way it's set up i think you'd be able to just pull in the place and go right to the ponds....
TC_II_June06_30.jpg

did i mention ^that^ is in the MIDDLE OF THE DESERT!

Reactions: wokofshame

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
Niiiice, there is a place like that in Jordan called Azraq, any water in the desert is great.
When I was living in Israel i had about a 3 mile walk to an ancient well, you climbed down a ladder down a stone shaft 20 ft the it opened up into this sick underground cave filled with cold tasty water, Ezuz is the place

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Niiiice, there is a place like that in Jordan called Azraq, any water in the desert is great.
When I was living in Israel i had about a 3 mile walk to an ancient well, you climbed down a ladder down a stone shaft 20 ft the it opened up into this sick underground cave filled with cold tasty water, Ezuz is the place
jesus might've washed his nuts there!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads