Hermit emerging from hiding

4t7

Reaction score
Yo-yo squat the planet and fam. You can call me Nodnarb [emoji89] . I've just recently discovered these forums and have been kinda lurking around since then and until I could upload an avatar. So here am I.

I guess this an intro so maybe a little about myself? Yeah, sure...I'm nearly 23 years old. Never really done much travelling yet aside from moving around the country (idaho, florida, NC) However I have kinda squatted a little as I lived in the woods in a tent for about a year, lol I've also hitchhiked a couple times.

I plan on doing some travelling here in the really near future. I've always wanted to just kinda set out with no destination and just go [emoji124] I want to hitchhike [emoji106] mainly and trainhop. Although I actually just bought a Chevy [emoji604] 20 like 4 days ago so I don't know if I want to just do my travelling in it. It's pretty damn nice honestly I just don't know about the whole having to keep it fueled to get anywhere deal and I'm already considering just selling it and using that money to set out but idfk...Maybe if I could get someone to go with me and split fuel costs..?

But yeah, anyways I started rambling here and this will probably be boring as fuck to read so I'll stop here.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
G20's are pretty cool van in my opinion. it would definitely be a good way to travel. each form of travel has it's ups and downs, but i'd give them all a try and see what you like :p

Reactions: Kal

4t7

Reaction score
G20's are pretty cool van in my opinion. it would definitely be a good way to travel. each form of travel has it's ups and downs, but i'd give them all a try and see what you like [emoji14]
Yeah man I really like em'. I got this one from selling a 1990 one just last week. Bought that one for $925 sold it for $1800 and got this wayyy nicer one for $1300. I just don't know about the whole gas situation...

lone wolf

Reaction score
here i am trying to work towards buying a van so i can travel and here you are thinking of selling a van so you can go travel... funny, lol.

4t7

Reaction score
here i am trying to work towards buying a van so i can travel and here you are thinking of selling a van so you can go travel... funny, lol.
haha, Yeah. I mean I want to keep the van but honestly I don't want the added responsibility of keeping it in proper working order and fueled. If that makes any sense? But at the same time I do want it for the added comfort and convenience.

D

Deleted member 2626

Yeah I've rubbered a lot. And foot. Just sold my car. Wayyy less shit happens in a vehicle and yes added expense. Im on foot again and it is nice. I'd rather spend fifty on a motel than fuel for a leash. I did have a van though. Dida fat chick in it one time and spent many good. Nights not really traveling but the gas was too much too. I camped on a beach last night and if I'd have a vehicle there cops probably would have come. Free showers too!

Kal

Reaction score
Welcome to S.T.P have fun and be safe.

4t7

Reaction score
Yeah I've rubbered a lot. And foot. Just sold my car. Wayyy less shit happens in a vehicle and yes added expense. Im on foot again and it is nice. I'd rather spend fifty on a motel than fuel for a leash. I did have a van though. Dida fat chick in it one time and spent many good. Nights not really traveling but the gas was too much too. I camped on a beach last night and if I'd have a vehicle there cops probably would have come. Free showers too!
Thanks for the insight. Especially the fat chick part [emoji28]

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

Peace

Reaction score
nice to meet you, welcome! Ever traveled out of Switzerland before?

lone wolf

Reaction score
haha, Yeah. I mean I want to keep the van but honestly I don't want the added responsibility of keeping it in proper working order and fueled. If that makes any sense? But at the same time I do want it for the added comfort and convenience.
you can make money with a van. transport day labor workers, craigslist rideshare, recycle metal... to name a few. personally i'd rather have the van and find ways to make extra money for the tank. but i've never traveled by rail or hitchhiked so i guess my views are biased.

Reactions: 4t7

4t7

Reaction score
you can make money with a van. transport day labor workers, craigslist rideshare, recycle metal... to name a few. personally i'd rather have the van and find ways to make extra money for the tank. but i've never traveled by rail or hitchhiked so i guess my views are biased.
Yeah, I hadn't really thought about transporting workers or rideshare. I had thought about scrapping (recycling) but I would need a trailer to do that. The van interior is nice so wouldn't really wanna fuck it up.

lone wolf

Reaction score
Yeah, I hadn't really thought about transporting workers or rideshare. I had thought about scrapping (recycling) but I would need a trailer to do that. The van interior is nice so wouldn't really wanna fuck it up.
you'll have to research which company's hire drivers. i don't think "labor ready" does, at least not the ones i've worked for. "labor for hire" pays drivers, not sure how much they make but i'm sure it's worth their while. one guy at this branch said he's been doing it for 12 years.

Reactions: 4t7

Peace

Reaction score
Likewise. No I've never even been outta the states, [emoji52] lol.

Are you from Switzerland Peace?
No, I thought you were because at the time, the flag under your avatar was of Switzerland lol. I'm from new jersey, hbu?

4t7

Reaction score
No, I thought you were because at the time, the flag under your avatar was of Switzerland lol. I'm from new jersey, hbu?
Oh true, must be the vpn thing I use [emoji16] I don't see a flag under your avi. Is it only on the website version? I use it from
tapatalk.

NJ, thats cool [emoji13] Never been there. I'm from florida, consider out west (idaho) my home but right now I live in NC.

Peace

Reaction score
Oh true, must be the vpn thing I use [emoji16] I don't see a flag under your avi. Is it only on the website version? I use it from
tapatalk.

NJ, thats cool [emoji13] Never been there. I'm from florida, consider out west (idaho) my home but right now I live in NC.

I have no idea lol.
I grew up in GA, so we have living in the south in common :p

4t7

Reaction score
I have no idea lol.
I grew up in GA, so we have living in the south in common [emoji14]
Haha, oh well. Do you use the web version of the site?

[emoji13] awesome. Pretty damn hot here rightaboutnow, lol. Why'd you move up to NJ?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads