Advice for Outfitting a Wheelchair | Squat the Planet

Advice for Outfitting a Wheelchair

A

AlwaysLost

Well it looks like I will be in a wheelchair before the end of my journey. So I'm going to have to think carefully about what I take with me.

So I was just wondering some general advice on the best way to lash gear to the back or bottom of a chair

And also what gear might be important to have with a wheelchair. I'm afraid I'm going bare bones due to limited space and carry ability.

So far my Final pack out is

Two 6x8 tarps for making a diamond tarp shelter over the wheelchair in heavy rain.

1 goretex bivvy

6 ultralight tent stakes

100' of paracord

1 jacket

Fixed blade know
Folding knife
Bic lighter

I'm in shock and struggling to even visualize how this is gonna play out so any advice and ideas is most appreciated.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I was in a forum years ago and I think they are still there as they are also a magazine. BPsteve was the moderator for it and other the magazines too. But there were a couple - one main guy - who was a 3 wheeler off roader wheelchair guy who rocked. But seriously head to backpacker.com and look for bpsteve to find him or point you to other people who offroad in their styled chairs. :) Go for it!! His pics were quite amazing too!

A

AlwaysLost

I was in a forum years ago and I think they are still there as they are also a magazine. BPsteve was the moderator for it and other the magazines too. But there were a couple - one main guy - who was a 3 wheeler off roader wheelchair guy who rocked. But seriously head to backpacker.com and look for bpsteve to find him or point you to other people who offroad in their styled chairs. :) Go for it!! His pics were quite amazing too!

Thanks Tude I will check it out!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads