Advice for a new-ish rubber tramp?

Reaction score
I've been travelling quite alot and just now got introduced to this site. I finally have my trailer and truck setup to I want to start my more recent adventures with but I still want some advice on places to go, gear that's necessary specifically to rubber tramping, or just random advice from people lol. I learn fast, but have had no experience owning my own trailer and just want to find some good spots, good vibes, and better views. Any help?

Reaction score
Rubber Tire Rodeo

Basically a bunch of RV cats get together to hangout. There will probably be some bus conversions and some smaller van and pickup based homes. There are free pony rides as long as you bring a pony.
That sounds awesome but I have a few repairs to my trailer before it's ready to go long distance, my dog decided to make her own doggy door through my door is one

Sameer

Reaction score
I met the cheap RV living people in Flagstaff and actually didn't find them all that friendly but it could have just been me. I don't think they're very accepting of alternative lifestyles and they definitely are not culturally diverse people. Personally, I found them a little stale and narrow-minded.

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=26802
The link above is what they had to say about their invitation to join squat the planet at the slabs.
My advice is to go and have a good time irregardless!

CaptainCassius

Reaction score
I met the cheap RV living people in Flagstaff and actually didn't find them all that friendly but it could have just been me. I don't think they're very accepting of alternative lifestyles and they definitely are not culturally diverse people. Personally, I found them a little stale and narrow-minded.

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=26802
The link above is what they had to say about their invitation to join squat the planet at the slabs.
My advice is to go and have a good time irregardless!

One of the posts: "the irony of attending a shoplifting workshop, only to return to find your rig burglarized"

There's shitty people everywhere, and they come in all types, but..
Have you ever actually ripped off another traveller? I mean come on, that's pretty looked down upon.

CaptainCassius

Reaction score
Why cant people have knowledge for the sake of knowledge. Just cause someone learns how locks work doesnt mean they are gonna go steal everyones shit. Maybe someone just doesnt want or cant afford to pay locksmiths when they lose their keys. Maybe they just wanna free the food from a locked dumpster.

Can't tell you how many times a simple bump key in my pack has saved me when I've stupidily locked the original keys inside various things..

Reactions: Sameer
G

Grubblin

I went to the link that @Sameer provided. That's the most negative, judgemental thing I've read in quite awhile and I'm extremely well read. It's like the Fox News crowd got an RV and started 'traveling'. I suppose once you have an RV you get to take all your baggage with you including your Ill-formed, narrow-minded, elitist, judgemental opinions! Sorry i can't say any more right now. I have to go learn how to pick locks so that I can rob, rape, hurt, and kill the world with my RV which gets 8 miles to the gallon. If you need me I'll either be stealing big screen TVs from Walmart, scamming elderly pensioners out of their life savings, or wallowing in the bottom of a dumpster near you (for the ambiance). After all, the world owes me these things, just ask CRVL!

Jerrell

Reaction score
If you need me I'll either be stealing big screen TVs from Walmart...

Or just steal the big screens from the side compartments of 250k RVs. haha

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads