Adventure time

Shinobivillage

Reaction score
I use to be a dirty kid like you.​
Always on road trips or just of exploring on my own. Every few years I'd settle down for a little while, work a steady job, pay unnecessary bills, even got married once (maybe not my best idea in hindsight). But after about a year or so I get the urge to travel again. Just pack up and roll out. No destination in particular or deadline to meet. Just see the world.
Well, this time I'm going all in.
A few weeks back my gf(9-5 job/ hasn't traveled) told me of her interest in a schoolie and living on the road. I was kinda blown away that she had came to this idea on her own and was eagerly embracing the concept of a nomadic lifestyle. So we spent time looking around at what others have done to get a firm grasp on what this new chapter of life would entail. Having done a lot of bouncing around, I was kinda seasoned to a minimalist life. My gf and her 9 yo daughter, not so much yet.
I'm currently getting ready to sell off my car and buy a retired school bus and with the help of some great friends, remodel it into an RV.
So that brings me ...here. I found this site about 3 years ago and decided to pop my head back in because of all the awesome people I met on here before. A community of experience and knowledge that can only be gained through trials by fire and compassionate towards others.
So its with a sly smile and knowing wink that I bit you all hello. ...again. *ahem

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe
D

Deleted member 125

welcome back to stp.

if you havnt already check out the van dwelling/ rubber tramping section theres tons of good info on bus/van conversion there.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
awesome, welcome back to the world of traveling! (soon at least!)

if you need any advice on skoolie shit, i had one for a few years and i'm very much looking forward to getting another one someday.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads