added 'asshole check' to new user registration form! (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Just a little FYI to the community, I've made a slight change to the requirements for new users that want to sign up for an account. Since we've had a handful of bigoted users come on lately that obviously did not read the rules or the intro PM or the intro email or the Guide to Using StP thread, I've decided to add an 'asshole check' to the registration form:

Screenshot_2020-01-11 Register.png

Now, obviously, the purpose of this is not to cleverly trick assholes into being unable to complete their registration (because an asshole would just lie, and click the box), but more so to make it painfully clear that we don't want assholes here. Assholes are not welcome here and I hope this little speed bump in the registration process makes that a little bit clearer. Hell, maybe we'll even see a reduction in people posting bigoted bullshit and not have to ban folks quite so much? I certainly hope so!

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Stiv Rhodes

Wanderer
I'm worried some of the assholes might click the box without really reading the text. If the problem persists, I'd enlarge the text to fill the entire screen and add a few wrong boxes to check that say asshole things and get you banned.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm worried some of the assholes might click the box without really reading the text. If the problem persists, I'd enlarge the text to fill the entire screen and add a few wrong boxes to check that say asshole things and get you banned.

MuthaFukin 'Asshole Captcha' !! 🤓

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
This is a terrible policy. Another double-standard as I see it. I'm sure many of you would have no problem celebrating Thalmor traditions, while those of my people are deemed evil. "They" push to outlaw Talos worship as I write this. But I've had enough. I fight for the men I've held in my arms, dying on foreign soil! I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight for my people impoverished to pay the debts of an Empire too weak to rule them, yet brands them criminals for wanting to rule themselves! I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing! I fight... because I must. And if that makes me an asshole, so be it!

How does a quote from Skyrim/Elder Scrolls have anything to do with this thread?

Phuen

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reeks of desperation, rather than an actual solution. Probably better off replacing a vague term like "asshole" with something more difficult, like: "Mark this checkbox if you support equal rights to all people including blacks, women, homosexuals, and illegal immigrants. This is required for participation in our community." :D

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Reeks of desperation, rather than an actual solution. Probably better off replacing a vague term like "asshole" with something more difficult, like: "Mark this checkbox if you support equal rights to all people including blacks, women, homosexuals, and illegal immigrants. This is required for participation in our community." :D

Based on this reply and most of the content you've posted, Id say you have a pretty poor sense of humor.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be

Reeks of racism, misogyny, homophobia and nationalism. Probably better off acknowledging this for what it obviously is; Trolling, not a sincere suggestion. I've been looking forward to banning you for a long time, I'm gonna pack your bags today bucko.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.