1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

About to lose insurance

Discussion in 'Staying Healthy' started by Art101, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Art101

Art101 Can't get enough of the site

Achievements:
    Cook
    Address:
    Cheyenne, WY, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +747 / -10
    So my medicaid is out of MD and well I'm in WY now.My insurance would be about 600 a month,like I have that to pay out.Thinking of bouncing down to Ogden and apply for the full meal deal there and commute between their and Cheyenne.Any ideas or comments please let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mudisthename

Mudisthename One of the Regulars

Achievements:
    Traveling Hobo - Work from city to city
    Address:
    Nashville, TN, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +62 / -0
    I am not exactly sure about the specifics of your situation, not sure if you have medical issues that are long lasting or if you just need generalized treatment but there are certain states that will help cover the cost and there are different types of insurance even for homeless people.

You will be best off not to ever mention the fact that your a " traveler " when applying for some of these programs. Texas for example has a program called Hood County Indigent program. This is in Hood County Texas and programs may vary from county to county and state to state.

Once again I am just trying to give you a helpful example. I was able to get this insurance for free for as long as I needed it. I had surgery last year on my throat and they covered all the cost pertaining to the surgery. The co-pay visits were next to nothing and most were waived.

There are all sorts of programs like this around the country and it can be difficult to find them because there not advertised. Not sure if this helped but we sure the hell are not getting any younger ;). Take care friend. Hope to hear good news in the future. Certainly keep us posted, you never no your information might help someone in need on here........

3. Journals

Journals Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    busker / transient
    Address:
    Tucson, AZ, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    i have to go to dss like every three months in a new city and sign up for medical .. i travel but have epilepsy soooo i need my pills or constant CBD, however thats more expensove and the govt wont cover medicinal cbd cuz it works...off track sorry but yeah, just apply everytime you need too takes like 2 days tops during the week, just ask for your card #s from yer insurance so you dont gotta wait for your homeless mail