NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
What does it mean to "ignore" a person? As in the choice to report, ignore, follow a person. Is it like a block? Can you block people so they cannot communicate with you or see your stuff?

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Threads
Current Location
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
What does it mean to "ignore" a person? As in the choice to report, ignore, follow a person. Is it like a block? Can you block people so they cannot communicate with you or see your stuff?

a week or two ago, a guy in chat was being drunk as hell and annoying to everyone, i "ignored" him and i havnt heard a word from him sense. so i suppose its like blocking

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Ignoring another user blocks you from being able to see their posts, threads, and private messages. It does not block their ability to see your content.

The idea is that since you can't see their posts, you'll stop responding to them and they will eventually give up trying to harass you; basically a 'don't feed the trolls' philosophy.

OP
OP
NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
a week or two ago, a guy in chat was being drunk as hell and annoying to everyone, i "ignored" him and i havnt heard a word from him sense. so i suppose its like blocking
Yea. My ex just ended up on here. Its a free world and a free forum. Weve caused trauma to eachother and frankly i want nothing to do with her and im pissed/confused as to why shes even here. So trying to avoid her like the plague now. Shes spitefull and vindictive, and i dont take things lightly so i really dont need that shit right now. Im an open book but this is as far as i want that hell to be brought up in this environment. Its unhealthy for me and im trying to move forward. Were just hate now.

OP
OP
NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Cool. Thanks matt. I could have asked admins directly but didnt want to bother anyone and figured others might be as unsure as i. Cheers.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Yea. My ex just ended up on here. Its a free world and a free forum. Weve caused trauma to eachother and frankly i want nothing to do with her and im pissed/confused as to why shes even here. So trying to avoid her like the plague now. Shes spitefull and vindictive, and i dont take things lightly so i really dont need that shit right now. Im an open book but this is as far as i want that hell to be brought up in this environment. Its unhealthy for me and im trying to move forward. Were just hate now.
It's important to understand that if you are being harassed by another user that is against the rules and you should let us know so we can take action. If it hasn't gone that far yet, I would suggest using the ignore function first.

OP
OP
NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
It's important to understand that if you are being harassed by another user that is against the rules and you should let us know so we can take action. If it hasn't gone that far yet, I would suggest using the ignore function first.
No contact either way has been made and i just want to keep it that way. I pushed ignore as soon as i saw it. Thought id figure out what it meant after. Haaa

bushhippie

Threads
Current Location
Reactions
98% 0% 2%

that really sucks your hurting. i know how you feel tho. i was dating a guy, but we had broken up a few weeks before a wedding that we were both part of, he was a groomsman i was a bridesmaid. it was hard to see him with his new girlfriend that he left me for at the wedding. but youll get past this. itll make you a stronger person (emotionally) just dont build walls of hate aroound your heart. be open to love and be open to peace.

OP
OP
NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
that really sucks your hurting. i know how you feel tho. i was dating a guy, but we had broken up a few weeks before a wedding that we were both part of, he was a groomsman i was a bridesmaid. it was hard to see him with his new girlfriend that he left me for at the wedding. but youll get past this. itll make you a stronger person (emotionally) just dont build walls of hate aroound your heart. be open to love and be open to peace.
For sure. One of my mantras after all this was that i have to choose love over hate. This world can widdle us down. Ive been a bastard and a hatefull maniac at times in my life. Im aware of it and admit it. But ive also always been aware that others opinions or misconceptions of me dont mean shit. So i continue on forward trying to be the best i can while never forgetting the shit ive learned (good and bad).

Damn, that sounds like an awkward upsetting situation. The guys clearly a prick. The only reason to put someone through that is to hurt them with malicious intent. Anyway.... fuck his drama. Im over it :p

bushhippie

Threads
Current Location
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
For sure. One of my mantras after all this was that i have to choose love over hate. This world can widdle us down. Ive been a bastard and a hatefull maniac at times in my life. Im aware of it and admit it. But ive also always been aware that others opinions or misconceptions of me dont mean shit. So i continue on forward trying to be the best i can while never forgetting the shit ive learned (good and bad).

Damn, that sounds like an awkward upsetting situation. The guys clearly a prick. The only reason to put someone through that is to hurt them with malicious intent. Anyway.... fuck his drama. Im over it :p

well he and i eventually did get back together. he pretty much realized that she was going to keep doing drugs and keep dragging him into dark places. he saw i was always going to be there for him. we are dating now. im still guarded against him. this is the last time im going to date him. i hope it lasts forever. i am happy with him, i talk to him about our issues. i build him up and he dose the same for me. we go out with no money, and we make money. we knock out our court goals and we get shit done

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
The idea is that since you can't see their posts, you'll stop responding to them and they will eventually give up trying to harass you; basically a 'don't feed the trolls' philosophy.
Does ignore also extend to the Chat?

OP
OP
NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
well he and i eventually did get back together. he pretty much realized that she was going to keep doing drugs and keep dragging him into dark places. he saw i was always going to be there for him. we are dating now. im still guarded against him. this is the last time im going to date him. i hope it lasts forever. i am happy with him, i talk to him about our issues. i build him up and he dose the same for me. we go out with no money, and we make money. we knock out our court goals and we get shit done
Hey. If it works it works.

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Threads
Current Location
silver city, new mexico
Reactions
86% 0% 13%
The downside with ignoring someone is they can make posts that lie about you and you won't be able to see your accuser to make a defense.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
The downside with ignoring someone is they can make posts that lie about you and you won't be able to see your accuser to make a defense.
if you care about such things, yes. but a two-way block doesn't stop that either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$40.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

why do people come on this site just to behave like assholes ? is there some perverse satisfaction in irritating a whole community of people ? \/ \/ \/ (not you Shaggy, the fool below you) \/ \/ \/
I saved a litter of puppies for a neighbor from the cold, now if i can get the shots {around 40$ max} i got me a baby blue pit.
Zero tolerance for the bullshit you insist.
I'm out here, see you!!
Brain is so scattered :(
cant stay still any longer
been down for a while now... stuck in one town all summer... got my job back at ski hill but dont have dr permission to work. oops
What a weekend! Thanks to everyone who came out for making this years Jamboree so incredible. You're all excellent. Come back again soon!
If I could afford an RV that would be great but living off my bicycle is good enough! Article on more and more people living in RVs, I say, why not? It's freedom!
https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/1-million-Americans-live-in-RVs-Meet-the-modern-13383991.php#photo-8084882
going to try hitching with my dog next month, should go well, he loves car rides.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Sicsocks