Video Abandoned Langkawi, Malaysia (1 Viewer)

briancray

Pilgrim
Current Location
Albion, NY
Website
www.bikethe.us
A cool complex of abandoned buildings off Ayer Hangat road in Langkawi, Malaysia. I stumbled across this on my way to Gunung Raya where I climbed a radio tower. This island is pretty cool. I did not stay long enough to check out all the beaches and roads, but after 9 days I explored a great majority of the island and this was by far the coolest urban exploration aside from the old marble factory. I don't know why but there was a lot of racist graffiti. I could not read the Malay, but there was English as well.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
hehe - from the sound you had going on behind the vid - it soooooo reminded me of some games I've played on line. Dam cool urban explore my friend - I love these!

OP
briancray

briancray

Pilgrim
Current Location
Albion, NY
Website
www.bikethe.us
geeze. I was expecting slederman or some shit to be around a corner.
cool lookin place though.
You can't see it in the video because I didn't have the camera rolling I don't think, but when I enter the one room with the suitcase and the girl on the door, that door is locked with a chain and masterlock, so I don't know if someone is living in there or wtf was up with that, but it was sealed off. I really wanted to get in there and check that shit out, but it kinda creeped me out a little at the same time.

CelticWanderer

Pilgrim
Current Location
Augusta GA, USA
You can't see it in the video because I didn't have the camera rolling I don't think, but when I enter the one room with the suitcase and the girl on the door, that door is locked with a chain and masterlock, so I don't know if someone is living in there or wtf was up with that, but it was sealed off. I really wanted to get in there and check that shit out, but it kinda creeped me out a little at the same time.
maaaan fuck that. I'd stay the hell away from a damn master locked door in some rundown building. Realistically that just sounds like a good way to get stabbed or worse. Like you said, someones probably there.

That or there is just some weird ass shit goin on there that would be way worse than a human encounter ._.

OP
briancray

briancray

Pilgrim
Current Location
Albion, NY
Website
www.bikethe.us
maaaan fuck that. I'd stay the hell away from a damn master locked door in some rundown building. Realistically that just sounds like a good way to get stabbed or worse. Like you said, someones probably there.

That or there is just some weird ass shit goin on there that would be way worse than a human encounter ._.
Pretty much the feeling I had. The way the chain was locked it looked like the person could lock the door from either way. Pretty smart idea for squatting. Shit is locked up during the day when your out and at night when you sleep.

OP
briancray

briancray

Pilgrim
Current Location
Albion, NY
Website
www.bikethe.us
i want to relocate there...howd you go about doing so sir?
Do you mean live there? If so I have no idea. Why would you want to relocate somewhere you have never been? Langkawi was a cool spot to explore for a week to 10 days, but honestly there are too many tourists from Europe and America ruining the island. I'd find a better place to live. If you wanted to squat there for a while it's definitely possible, but I just don't see living there. Just my personal opinion from traveling through.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Shit dude, plus all of that racist graffiti everywhere. Theres probably some shady ass shit goin on out there.
Pretty much the feeling I had. The way the chain was locked it looked like the person could lock the door from either way. Pretty smart idea for squatting. Shit is locked up during the day when your out and at night when you sleep.
Or it's locked during the day to keep the test subjects locked in. ::walkingdead::

Yea very strange and It seems more so after I did a search for crime in that area and read about an elderly German couple being attacked with machetes.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298283-i8829-k5129562-Langkawi_not_so_safe_now-Langkawi_Langkawi_District_Kedah.html

If I was to venture a wild sketchy guess... my gut tells me the door with the lady on it might have been a spot involved in human trafficking?? Or drug related... probably both and more.

Did you have any kinda protection with you checking out a spot like that? I'd want to at least have a heavy maglight/flashlight. Don't know the laws on knives in that part of the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Heading up to NYC soon. Gotta start from scratch again and been getting the itch to go somewhere anyways.
Almost to Jax anyone about?
Cinderella castle would make a damn good apocalypse house
A Simple Step Van wrote on snailormoon's profile.
Welcome to the site. Whattaya mean when you say you work with native Californian wildlife? Like, do you get paid for it or is it sarcasm? Curious am I. ~ peace
In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!
Actually sunny and warm! Tank of gas so I'm motorvating ! I'm on the last Vespa ride to nowhere ville and I'm not telling mum and dad when I'm coming home! You see im a loner, a rebel, call me wheels and I'll call you doll baby!
Remember people: nobody can hate you as much as yourself. Which in turn means you can conquer the world.
Made it to Pensacola anyone about?
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
Is this new profile pic a prelude to potential political aspirations? I can see the signs now: Vote American; Vote Red, White, and STU!

Staff online

Members online