Photos Abandoned Factory (Nashville, TN) (1 Viewer)

Multifaceted

Hometown
Tacoma-ish, WA
I believe this was a factory for either railroad or train parts? I may be wrong, but that's what I was told. This area is in downtown Nashville and seems to be in the process of being reclaimed. There are some areas of the factory grounds that are currently in use as art studio spaces, and I believe another building on the grounds is being reclaimed for lofts.. Not sure- just looked that way!

I'm inserting the pictures in the order I took them! First one being....
IMG_1812.JPG

This is the outside, side wall of the building you're about to see the inside of, with the photo below being the front-face wall.
IMG_1815.JPG

This isn't the entranceway unless you plan on digging through mounds of debris to the main room. Just a creepy little doorway into a small area just big enough to get bored and search onward. :p

IMG_1816.JPG

To the right of the creepy little doorway is one that leads into this room:

IMG_1821.JPG
IMG_1822.JPG

Now if you pay attention you'll see in the first (inside) picture a beam leaning out of sight... Below is the rest of the view of said beam.

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

I just really liked this little angel hanging outside.. I'm assuming one of the art kids from the nearby studios put it here.
IMG_1841.JPG

@kriminalmisfit killin' it.

IMG_1842.JPG

An onlooking building..

IMG_1845.JPG

You can see here the full outside of the previous building.
IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1850.JPG

When you go through that doorway you see the stairs posted next..

IMG_1852.JPG

Which lead to the room where the following were taken:

IMG_1854.JPG
IMG_1857.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG
IMG_1864.JPG

Above are the stairs you saw before... and below is an awesome staircase we highly suggest not walking on... It appears a tree grew through and around the stairs before being cut away.
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1870.JPG

KM testing his luck... as you can see, the top of the first flight doesn't connect. The landing he was standing on was also shaky... I mean, the whole thing was shaky so I guess that's not a big surprise. :p

Hope y'all enjoy the pictures! My apologies for not having a better narrative!

ONE MORE - Myself killin' it.
IMG_1838.JPG

Thanks for viewin'!

Attachments

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

AaronOnTheRoad

Pilgrim
Hometown
Louisville Kentucky
I believe this was a factory for either railroad or train parts? I may be wrong, but that's what I was told. This area is in downtown Nashville and seems to be in the process of being reclaimed. There are some areas of the factory grounds that are currently in use as art studio spaces, and I believe another building on the grounds is being reclaimed for lofts.. Not sure- just looked that way!

I'm inserting the pictures in the order I took them! First one being....
View attachment 36495
This is the outside, side wall of the building you're about to see the inside of, with the photo below being the front-face wall.
View attachment 36496
This isn't the entranceway unless you plan on digging through mounds of debris to the main room. Just a creepy little doorway into a small area just big enough to get bored and search onward. :p

View attachment 36497
To the right of the creepy little doorway is one that leads into this room:

View attachment 36499 View attachment 36500
Now if you pay attention you'll see in the first (inside) picture a beam leaning out of sight... Below is the rest of the view of said beam.

View attachment 36503

View attachment 36501
I just really liked this little angel hanging outside.. I'm assuming one of the art kids from the nearby studios put it here.
View attachment 36504
@kriminalmisfit killin' it.

View attachment 36505
An onlooking building..

View attachment 36507
You can see here the full outside of the previous building.
View attachment 36508 View attachment 36509
When you go through that doorway you see the stairs posted next..

View attachment 36510
Which lead to the room where the following were taken:

View attachment 36511 View attachment 36512 View attachment 36513 View attachment 36514
Above are the stairs you saw before... and below is an awesome staircase we highly suggest not walking on... It appears a tree grew through and around the stairs before being cut away.
View attachment 36515 View attachment 36516
KM testing his luck... as you can see, the top of the first flight doesn't connect. The landing he was standing on was also shaky... I mean, the whole thing was shaky so I guess that's not a big surprise. :p

Hope y'all enjoy the pictures! My apologies for not having a better narrative!

ONE MORE - Myself killin' it.
View attachment 36502

Thanks for viewin'!
Nice abandoned place to dabble into that high speed chicken feed.

Johny

Hometown
Las Vegas NV
Found some churches for me and my girlfriend and her son to stay at still trying to get home before winter hits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$120.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $120.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Riding my bike this morning
Currently near Tulsa volunteering at a nearby lake. Will be heading West at the end of Feb. Looking for traveliing companion to rubber tramp with me. Must like cats because I have two. I'm open to the universe and love wilderness camping.
checkd out a fundraiser to keep a detention center from being built n pacoima last night. shit was epic! punk show, tacos, fights, graffitti, n skateboarding. life rules sometimes.
Yay the status updates are back again! 4 months of sitting on my ass doing nothing is finally turning it computer, sewing and art projects. While I trying to build a motorized bike. #Texas
Advice for dealing with lonely on the road?
Fuck yeah, Tucson. Hello, 18 rack of pabst.
Barreling through the Arizona desert on an intermodal freight train, eating peanut butter with a fork. The only thing that could improve this situation would be chunky peanut butter. Other than that I have no complaints and life's pretty good.
Lost on a beach somewhere South of Tampa maybe I don't know.
Okay so imagine a band comprised of a snail, a dragon, a doggo, and a ratto called Crackhouse Crevice. You can catch the free show on an eastbound IM from Yuma.
@dumpsternavel will be making snacks with some tuna from a pouch and the crumbs of a 10 piece chicken nugget bag.
Be there or be square.
Yeah not being on the road right now is kind of a bummer, but actually having the space for a kit again is really getting that serotonin goin'

Holy shit I missed playing drums