Rejected a way to poke another member? (1 Viewer)

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Hometown
folks who know me have my #.
Matt, hey..
any way to make a pop up message, without using messaging, to ask someone if they'd like to talk?
something along the lines of user to user level chat?

maybe it's here, but i just dun know?

i know i can create a room, but is there anything like a window to window connection?

thanks!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

DrewSTNY

Wayfarer
Hometown
Gang Mills, NY
Sounds like the PM/DM feature, but with a wrapper to bring it up like the chat bar? If there is a plug-in for this, I imagine someone may have looked at it already. I agree a faster method of getting in touch with someone would be cool.

*Poke* @creature

:p

EphemeralStick

The Sass Master Deluxe
Hometown
New Orleans
More direct messaging would be cool but PLEASE no poke feature. There are better ways of getting in contact with people than that. They're more a nuisance than anything else what with having people sending you pointless notifications, over and over and over and over. I'll just end up ignoring all of them out of spite.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
there's really just not enough demand for something like this and our pre-existing features are close enough, i mean if you want to 'poke' someone, you could just tag them in something like @Matt Derrick and they'll get an alert, which is pretty much the exact same thing as a 'poke'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

mojorisin22 wrote on Tripwiresolo's profile.
jut joined myself. got the obsession! 🚂
MFB
Thowback Thursday
More youth.
This dumpster was amazing;I'd often found throwaways of the big liter bottles they ship syrup with codiene to pharmacies in. Because of the consistency of it there would always be an ounce or two in the bottle they didnt get out. I'd get 2 or 3, spatula scrape out the good, make some szrrrp, put on DJ screw and get faded. :)
Chilling with ghosts...
Is there an achievement for actually making Mormon missionaries STOP talking to you?
40min outside Portland
i almost snagged the sickest steel toe cat boots just now and freddy LP got me going thru the door ugh. i leaped a hedge and got away.
I swear this guy is my role model right now. If anyone's gonna ride this out with style, it's him.

This guy with a website called "Rustic Cyberpunk", does computer stuff while living in a cabin in the woods.

You'll need a Tor browser to view his blog, though. I won't link it here because it's not a regular link, and I'm not sure if that's okay on here.
MFB
Bored and organizing travel videos.
Alaska <3
I miss being young and indestructible!
Social distancing? Try traveling - whether it is a tramp van, a train or even a bike.