Rejected Suggestion a way to poke another member?

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Current Location
folks who know me have my #.
Matt, hey..
any way to make a pop up message, without using messaging, to ask someone if they'd like to talk?
something along the lines of user to user level chat?

maybe it's here, but i just dun know?

i know i can create a room, but is there anything like a window to window connection?

thanks!

DrewSTNY

Wanderer
Current Location
Gang Mills, NY
Sounds like the PM/DM feature, but with a wrapper to bring it up like the chat bar? If there is a plug-in for this, I imagine someone may have looked at it already. I agree a faster method of getting in touch with someone would be cool.

*Poke* @creature

:p

EphemeralStick

Quality Control Queer Commando
Staff member
Current Location
Los Angeles
More direct messaging would be cool but PLEASE no poke feature. There are better ways of getting in contact with people than that. They're more a nuisance than anything else what with having people sending you pointless notifications, over and over and over and over. I'll just end up ignoring all of them out of spite.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
there's really just not enough demand for something like this and our pre-existing features are close enough, i mean if you want to 'poke' someone, you could just tag them in something like @Matt Derrick and they'll get an alert, which is pretty much the exact same thing as a 'poke'.