A Warm Namaste (Salutations) to fellow members | Squat the Planet

A Warm Namaste (Salutations) to fellow members

T

tara93

First and foremost, I'd like to have this opportunity in appreciating this... wonderful website brimming with rich tales of personal sojourn and travel! Thank you whosoever's brain-child STP is! :)

About myself:
Few lines cannot describe any person's true sense of self but am friendly, assertive, environment lover and homely person. The pivotal question that whispers one from within deep recess, is why to travel? Being raised in metro cities demands personal energy towards a certain subjectivity that may or may not provide greater impact for the long run. Be it business of selling a pin to a 747, or avengues concerning retail to wholesale.

I don't believe in abondoning any economic value but instead, utilize it to travel and explore those wonderful crafts of nature, that are customized for our viewing, well being and importantly, stabilizing mental peace.

Professionally:
Designing real jewelry satiates my creative and financial thirst. Thankfully in India, gold signifies it's cultural value capable of enhancing emotional value for it's customer. The lure of glamor may blind most at max but if a layman ever visits manufacturing unit where jewelry is smouldered, the desire may diminish to even consider its purchase! (Because cost of manufacturing is cheapest compared to what sells in retail)

About my country:
India, a splendid land.. a free land comprising 25+ states, very akin to sophisticated diversity commanded by another democratic of US. As a foreigner, you'd feel prick of 35 degree heat evaporating very struggle you may have endured in life. This is also because every 15 minute walk has temple of faith, helpful individuals who may guide in not only reaching the path but also, knowing that path is none other than you itself! :)

A gastronomical delight for those with voracious appetites, be it Indian curry, clarified butter based sweets laced alongside dry fruits, nearly unlimited supply of *cutting chai*, a blended half cup of infamous black tea, *Paan*, a flavored beetle leaf mixed with mouth fresheners that gives feel of Himalayan valley, even when you are next to a congested railway station!

The only problems one may encounter, is seeing sea of crowds and rarely, an isolated area unless you are that the hill top. Sky kissed beaches of Goa attract 50,000 foreigners daily, whereas spiritual shrines in north/north-west are beneficial to add further richness to your travel agenda. Money isn't an issue, as a Dollar equates 57 rupees, enough for a three time meal!

Okay so after all am not a PR for govt wanting to boost travel dept LOL but it's feeble request that this part of the globe shall be witnessed up close and personal :)

Regards,
Feel free to drop in a message, i'd reciprocate the same

Tara

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I love India. Hated it for the first month I was there to be honest, but I got it eventually. My gf is Punjabi so I was lucky enough to connect with a lot more than I wouldn't have on my own.

Anyhow welcome and always nice to see folk's from around the world

T

tara93

Unbelievable to have a tourist here already :)
Aren't there too many Indians on here? Nonetheless, last six hours have been very enterprising. Few forwarding a conversation viewing their own experience of traveling in Asia. For the Dollar & Pound currency holders, its very much a field day!

D

Deleted member 20

For the Dollar & Pound currency holders, its very much a field day!

Unbelievable to have a tourist here already
Tourists are old fat retirees who buy all inclusive vacations & never leave the hotel room. Most of us here are Travellers! who do not measure wealth in Gold, Dollars, Pounds, Rupees etc but in experiences. I guess we are like full time backpackers. Welcome to STP & enjoy! Maybe someday you will visit the US & we can fall in love & roll off into the sunset living in intentional poverty together as husband & wife, happily ever after.:oops: (please dont mind that I already have a family)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I love India. Hated it for the first month I was there to be honest, but I got it eventually. My gf is Punjabi so I was lucky enough to connect with a lot more than I wouldn't have on my own.

Anyhow welcome and always nice to see folk's from around the world
Why did you hate India the first month you were there? Language barrier? Poverty? or what?

T

tara93

you're welcome :) are you coming to the usa? what are your travel plans?

Hey Matt! :)
Why just the USA but nearly everywhere! America would be package and an amalgamation of beautiful beaches, nightlife, high end city centers and famous peaks meant for trekking exploits. I need to plan a little as 2015 is hectic work wise. 2016 could be ideal.

T

tara93

Tourists are old fat retirees who buy all inclusive vacations & never leave the hotel room. Most of us here are Travellers! who do not measure wealth in Gold, Dollars, Pounds, Rupees etc but in experiences. I guess we are like full time backpackers. Welcome to STP & enjoy! Maybe someday you will visit the US & we can fall in love & roll off into the sunset living in intentional poverty together as husband & wife, happily ever after.:oops: (please dont mind that I already have a family)

Precisely! LOL
You guys are not only travelers but exceedingly proactive inside and out. Well i won't mind visiting states to share cup of coffee though! Here we grow up being fed up stories regarding how *selfish* westerners are so its' nice to see world outside isn't too bad after all. 2015 demands me to focus on work and bit of interior traveling, knowing my country well before i head elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 20

You write coffee I read romance, lol:D

jk of course

I do like the idea of work for a purpose say to raise funds to accomplish something but I hope that in India people arent simply constantly working in hopes of building wealth. This capitalistic hamster wheel style philosophy is so flawed where people just keep chasing a carrot on a stick by working their whole life, all the while the carrot is always getting bigger yet further away too. Good luck in 2015 with work & visiting your own country. We Americans are very selfish types here but at the end of the day, most are just people & I feel that all people are genuinely good & generous. While on the road I am always provided for by strangers feeding me, giving me rides or the shirt off their back; others donate cash to do laundry while different people still will give a cup of detergent or buy me a bus ticket if need be. The road always provides as it should!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads