a traveling hedgehog?

ayron

Reaction score
heyo my buddy needs a home for her spikey friend and i im seriously consittering adopting this hedgehog. do you know anyone who has traveld with one? or know how they coupe with chillin on a person all day. ive done some reserch and it seems like it could be plasueable, but im not sure. im heading out outta town soon and i need to make a desicion sooner, please help!

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
never traveled with one but I knew people that have had them as house pets. The seem to like to be curled up and/or just chill most of the time. Probably be easier than a rat/mouse/hamster.

ayron

Reaction score
yeah thats what im mainly comparing to, a rat that is. hedghods it seems take a lot to get used to people from what i hear, and there not always totaly socialable...but at the same time i hear they like to play and what not when they are warmed up. im still torn between. i think i mgiht just a rat insted, but a hedgehog would be so much more fun to chill with potenitally.

Dmac

Reaction score
i used to have one as a pet, for about 4 years. they do spend a lot of time curled into a ball asleep. they will also curl up to defend themselves. but they are diferent from rats. they are omnivors, i fed mine dry cat food mostly, but it would hunt down crickets or meal worms, really any insect, spider etc. it evan ate a scorpion, toads, also a small garter snake. pretty much whatever it found critter wise it would eat if it could. one bad habit of all hedgehogs is that they try to mask their own smell by chewing up stuff and then licking the slime onto their spines. that being said, it was a cool pet when is was active and it could and did like to swim a lot. by the way they have canine teeth not rodent teeth like a rat.

SparrowW

Reaction score
I've heard they're pretty chill, so I imagine once it got used to you I'd be a pretty good pet to travel with. Small and kind of an object of discussion too, being all cute and such.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads