A squat in Kiev | Squat the Planet

A squat in Kiev

flaternik

Reaction score
Yo.

Have you heard about squats in Kiev? My girlfriend lives there, but I can't just move on her flat (properly her mother and grandmother's flat). I've been in Kiev for 2 weeks but I didn't find any existed squats.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Wow - I don't see too much (if anything actually) about anything there. Did you try doing a search on here? But hey - good luck!!!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I really have no idea what the situation is like there now. Are there still any protests? Did they clean up that square? it would take a little research, but i'd look up the anarcho organizations that were protesting out there (look at news stories maybe?) and maybe find their website and contact them? that's the only thing i can think of.

is kiev part of russia now?

flaternik

Reaction score
I was pretty surprised because of that there is so hard to find any official squat communities. When I was getting there I had a strong belief that anarchists will be functioning intensively. As you said, they have many reasons. "Maidan" (this square) is already cleared, there is some pictures of war, candles, flowers etc etc. I've found one anarchist website from Ukraine, but the last activity is at 2010. Of course, Kiev is still a capital of Ukraine, only Crimea has became a part of Russia. Closer to Europe, for example in Lviv you can find signs in shops next to products from Russia - "This has made in Russia, don't buy it!" and in Kiev I saw toilet paper with printed Putin's face (as a souvenir). Thanks for tips, it's only a matter of time to find something.

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com

hulk

Reaction score
I really have no idea what the situation is like there now. Are there still any protests? Did they clean up that square? it would take a little research, but i'd look up the anarcho organizations that were protesting out there (look at news stories maybe?) and maybe find their website and contact them? that's the only thing i can think of.

is kiev part of russia now?

I was in Kiev. There everything is fine. Good people, good atmosphere .. and Kiev the capital of Ukraine.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads