A small experiment with the ride board... (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Hey folks, just letting you know that I'm trying something out with the ride board section of the site.

Basically I've made it so there's a 'template' that automatically appears in the text box when you create a new thread in the ride board:

--------------------------------------------
Departing from: Replace this text with where you're currently located.
Destination: Replace this text with where you are going.
Date range: Replace this with the dates you're trying to go.

About me: Replace this text with a little bit about yourself. Your likes, dislikes, if you can chip in on gas, do some driving, etc. Remember, this is your 'pitch'; the riders/drivers want awesome, interesting people to ride with, so make it good!

Don't forget to add a descriptive title! Something like "Denver > Seattle > Los Angeles - February 22nd!" usually works great!

These are just suggestions, feel free to delete anything here and replace it with what you want to say!
--------------------------------------------

My thinking here is that by providing a template for people to fill out when asking for / giving rides will increase the quality of those threads by encouraging people to add more information than 'i want to go to chicago' or whatever. Go over to the ride board, try it out, and let me know what you think!

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Finally out n about, heading to London, OH
Thanks to otch0z and Sam for kicking back and keeping is sane in the homestead, hope you had a wicked time!
If for some dumb reason you're in bemidji Minnesota, come see me perform at the hard times! Playing folky stuff with an old road dog
nastynaty wrote on Honey Crust's profile.
Please finish your hitch hiking story... Or just tell us youre alive!!
i've been a waterworld nomad so i don't have to walk.
Jax Katz wrote on Cornelius Vango's profile.
Greetings from a Florida forest dweller !
youtube channel

There's a Cadillac parked outside of my squat.... I should've changed the locks earlier..
Little Rock.....again.....

Staff online

Members online