A proper introduction

marymemarryme

the girl who plans too much and acts too little
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I posted in the misc fourm yesterday but I figured I'd make a proper intro post.

My name is Hannah, and I'm 23. I live in northwestern Pennsylvania.

I've been thinking about vagabonding for a while now. I'm almost in my senior year of University (thank God), but sadly I got a useless degree (history.) Even though it's something I really enjoy, there is little money to be made with it. And even if I could, say, get some sort of job that paid slavery wages, I would rather die than sit in a cubicle for 50 years fighting off debt collectors and trying to find a way not to hate life. I refuse this.

I'm so happy and relieved I found this site. Next time I have some extra $$$ I'll kick in and donate. Even though I just got here, so far everyone has been so kind, helpful, and welcoming, so I sincerely thank you all. Not to be "woe is me" but I've experienced a lot of cruelty within the past few years, so it's nice to be somewhere that doesn't hate me off the bat.

In any case, hello, and I hope you are all doing well! Stay safe out there, and hopefully with time I'll see a few of y'all on the road.

xoxo

Dmac

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the site. Interestingly I just saw an image on Reddit that looked just like your cool avatar pic.

• Thank you
Reactions: marymemarryme

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Even though it's something I really enjoy, there is little money to be made with it.

There's even less money to be made with what we do here...but it's balanced out with lasting memories, meeting badass people, and living a life free from the constraints of the capitalist hellscape we all find ourselves in.

Make sure to read through the forums, and use the search feature...most of your questions have probably already been answered in previous threads. Make sure to read the 'rules' of the site...and welcome. Best of luck with the beginning of your travels!

• Thank you
Reactions: marymemarryme

mellowedout

Reaction score
My life has been rough, too.

Hope things get better for you, but if they don't, traveling will at least fill a void in the day to day.

Having any degree at all, by the way, is an automatic plus to most employers.

I don't speak for anyone but myself, but traveling is amazing, I really do love it, but considering that most of my traveling is done as an emotional escape, I must confess that I don't think it's a real solution to dealing with any emotional shortcomings.

That being said, I love doing it and I'm about to throw myself into the culture again, as an emotional escape. ;)

My final words are that everyone should live as a vagabond at least once, just to humble yourself at the very least.

Everytime I'm walking with my pack, legs about to give out, I just think about my ancestors. I feel that when I walk as I do, I am becoming a little bit more connected to them, in just the smallest way.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads