A lot better than expected..

Crash

Pilgrim
Current Location
Texas
So I'm currently chilling in a hotel tub with a PBR and a Newport red listened to Johnny Hobo and the freight trains. Been in the road well over a month. It's my first trip around on trains and it didn't start off well. Leaving from NoLa west and wound up in Meridian,Ms. Then Birmingham, followed by Chattanooga. Finally got on a westbound and didn't care where it stopped, just so long as it wasn't Mississippi. Well, I wound up in Corinth, Ms when they broke up the train I was on. Had to re-up on food and water so I hit the city. Flew a sign for about 20 minutes and made $40 before 12 ran me off. Before that tho sum church lady stopped and talked to me
I usually avoid those kind, but she wasn't pushing the Bible just concerned and wanted to help. I could use a rest and so I conversed with her and while she couldn't get me to Memphis, (thru the church) could put me in a hotel for the night. So here I am, clean clothes and bathed(first of 2019) thinking how I didn't even wanna be here. The universe provides. Have a good one.
✌

Reactions: 13 people

BusGypsy

Wayfarer
StP Supporter
Current Location
Away
So I'm currently chilling in a hotel tub with a PBR and a Newport red listened to Johnny Hobo and the freight trains. Been in the road well over a month. It's my first trip around on trains and it didn't start off well. Leaving from NoLa west and wound up in Meridian,Ms. Then Birmingham, followed by Chattanooga. Finally got on a westbound and didn't care where it stopped, just so long as it wasn't Mississippi. Well, I wound up in Corinth, Ms when they broke up the train I was on. Had to re-up on food and water so I hit the city. Flew a sign for about 20 minutes and made $40 before 12 ran me off. Before that tho sum church lady stopped and talked to me
I usually avoid those kind, but she wasn't pushing the Bible just concerned and wanted to help. I could use a rest and so I conversed with her and while she couldn't get me to Memphis, (thru the church) could put me in a hotel for the night. So here I am, clean clothes and bathed(first of 2019) thinking how I didn't even wanna be here. The universe provides. Have a good one.
✌
so awesome. You're indeed right about the universe. Glad the universe is being good to you.

Reactions: 1 person

reyrey

Lurker
Current Location
usa
✌
Hows the pup....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Latest Status Updates

Bey
It's a very unique, modern feeling, yes?: To miss someone you've never met...
A Simple Step Van wrote on wISDOMiZdUm's profile.
Been over a month. Whaddayadoin? Construction? ~ peace and hope this finds you well
See you later, San Diego. It’s back to the Rockies with me.
If anyone happens to be out that way over the next three weeks, hit me up! I’ll be milling around, playing shows, and getting into trouble <3
Maybe it's time to head towards Kingman... Alright think it's getting hot here in the southern desert.
Be a good person, be a good friend. Guys...if Jack helps you off a horse, then you help Jack off a horse!
Various portions of StP might be offline today as I perform a major upgrade to the website software!
Bey
Let us momentarily pause...for the Equinox!
Ride bikes: drink brews: love the life you have: could be worse always!
53 year old professional guy taking early semi retirement. Not drinker / smoker - normal, sane guy looking to explore and travel in unconventional way. Looking to travel across country and tag along with a trucker. Willing to contribute / pay for transportation. Have never done this, but looking to give it a shot. Based in the Connecticut / Metro NYC area and would like to travel west toward Wyoming, Idaho, Montana.
Yesterday Joshua Tree, tomorrow Sequoia. Right now? BFE.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
CreepyCrawlwithSobaire