Photos A little bit of Texas

Traveler

Reaction score
So I recently came back to Houston after spending about 6 weeks in the hill country. As directed by Tude, I took pictures of stuff whenever I remembered to. So, here we go.

I did some fishing, nothing was big enough to keep though so I threw everything back(bluegill and catfish).
13zbz43.jpg

50sc5d.jpg

I was lucky enough to be out there while deer were giving birth so I saw a lot of fawns.
e8mng6.jpg

2usu4uq.jpg

ern13q.jpg

I saw twins too but didn't have my phone on me to get a picture :(

Here's some other random animals I found while wandering around.
A box turtle
zvu9vd.jpg

f1lag5.jpg

A little striped whiptail
2ik49ck.jpg

14w5d1k.jpg

Lots of arachnids but I only took pictures of the best.
Some, what I guess to be, orb weavers. Huge!
2rfbntj.jpg

a381w.jpg

A striped bark scorpion that had babies so I kept them safe and fed them until their first molt.
21kf97q.jpg

Here's a birds nest I found. I'm pretty sure they are painted bunting eggs. The males look awesome.
bfgwsm.jpg

I found tons of snakes but didn't get very many pictures. Here's what I got though.
A rat snake (I let this guy go after the photo-op)
23lmfc2.jpg

Some copperheads (I always kill venomous snakes)
e7xi1k.jpg

33xabnp.jpg

ekp636.jpg

I found these remains out in the woods and thought of West, so I made a fan pic <3
2z4wos7.jpg

And when I got back to Houston I saw this while going down a bike path so I took a picture.
2j18thx.jpg

Sorry if some of the pictures suck... but these were taken with an iphone.

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
I'm very jealous you got to see baby deer, but you can keep the snakes, spiders and scorpions! The most exciting thing I have spotted this summer is a kingfisher bird. Love the photos though, I never remember to take shots of the cool things I see.

Traveler

Reaction score
Thanks! I thought about taking some landscape shots too but hill country isn't visually impressive, so I stuck with animals and bugs. There were some really cool birds but there's no way I'd have been able to get a decent picture. The last picture is horrible so if you can't tell what to look for, it's an alligator that was just a few miles from downtown Houston.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yay!! Great pics! And once again they make 'em bigger in TX. My sister lives in San Antonio and she's sent me pics of a huge walking stick that was longer than her full sized mail box --- and of a giant spider web - orb - that covered a five foot area and was strong like plastic <shudder - can't imagine WHAT built that>. hehe looks like you came across a lot of copperheads! Oh yeah - and that lizard is giving you the ultimate stink eye. :p

Traveler

Reaction score
The lizard was a little strange. After I let it go it tried following me around for a few minutes.

D

Deleted member 2626

awesome photos. nature pics are great. most people seem to frequent cities and take photos of themselves drinking a forty for attention. I liked this post a lot

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads