A little Birdy told me...

Birdy

Reaction score
I feel like doing one of these now after reading everyone elses haha.

My name is Bird. I come from a crazy mother and a stern father. I appreciate the little things in life and I like scars. I like to be at other people's houses until I get sick of it and feel like I would rather be sleeping in my own bed rather than someone's couch. I like walking around at night and eating until I feel like I'm going to burst. I grew up on Clearwater Beach FL and now I reside in the country with my dad. I've seen many sides of people and I'm sick of the sides that I've seen. I want to meet new people who can appreciate the little things in life like I do. I have a hard time sitting still or dealing with something that remains the same. I like change even if sometimes it sucks. I feel like shitty times make me stronger. I don't like relationships. My heart is too big to belong to one person. I like folk punk, blue, blue grass, folk, crust, techno, drum n bass. My favorite nights are the nights I get to spend on the beach watching people do fire poi to the rythm of other people's drums or else camping under the stars with just a blanket and another warm body to keep me warm.

I have that itch to travel. It feels like there's a little bird in my chest flapping it's wings trying to get out. I've never really traveled before other than walking around Clearwater at night until the wee hours of the morning when I finally fell asleep somewhere out of the wind. The only thing really keeping me at home is the respect for my dad. I don't want to leave him since I love him more than anything and would hate to see him worry about me.

It's hard to really put myself into words, so I guess that's it about me haha.
Now I'm going to go eat some cookies<3

Reactions: todd
B

beat_tramp

I have that itch to travel. It feels like there's a little bird in my chest flapping it's wings trying to get out. <3

Sounds like a heart murmur.That can be deadly - try to lay off caffeine.Other than that you sound like you rock.You should come to Memphis and help get a collective house going with me.

Birdy

Reaction score
haha nooooo although it probably would be healthy if I didn't drink so much caffeine x)

Memphis Florida?
I might look into that one day.

This summer I do plan on trying to go on a road trip of some sort to Virginia with my friend. I already have my own car and I'll probably trade it in for a truck and a topper and put a lot of blankets in the bed so I can sleep in it haha. I plan to pick up any dirty kids I see hitchin =)
Get a little good karma on my side haha.

Reactions: todd
Reaction score
I have that itch to travel. It feels like there's a little bird in my chest flapping it's wings trying to get out. I've never really traveled before other than walking around Clearwater at night until the wee hours of the morning when I finally fell asleep somewhere out of the wind. The only thing really keeping me at home is the respect for my dad. I don't want to leave him since I love him more than anything and would hate to see him worry about me.

Same here pretty much. Only problem with wandering around all night is the cops that manage to stop you in every town (though its a bit of an ego boost when they call for backup ahead of time). I know where you're coming from when it comes to your dad. My dad's fucking awesome, but I felt kinda bad hearing how depressed he got when I turned 18 and got an apartment just a few miles down the road. I'm heading out soon, and I spent almost two months trying to figure out how to let him know without worrying him.

drecc

Reaction score
I feel like doing one of these now after reading everyone elses haha.

My name is Bird. I come from a crazy mother and a stern father. I appreciate the little things in life and I like scars. I like to be at other people's houses until I get sick of it and feel like I would rather be sleeping in my own bed rather than someone's couch. I like walking around at night and eating until I feel like I'm going to burst. I grew up on Clearwater Beach FL and now I reside in the country with my dad. I've seen many sides of people and I'm sick of the sides that I've seen. I want to meet new people who can appreciate the little things in life like I do. I have a hard time sitting still or dealing with something that remains the same. I like change even if sometimes it sucks. I feel like shitty times make me stronger. I don't like relationships. My heart is too big to belong to one person. I like folk punk, blue, blue grass, folk, crust, techno, drum n bass. My favorite nights are the nights I get to spend on the beach watching people do fire poi to the rythm of other people's drums or else camping under the stars with just a blanket and another warm body to keep me warm.

It's hard to really put myself into words, so I guess that's it about me haha.
Now I'm going to go eat some cookies<3
Still in Clearwater?

blastoise

Reaction score
So much of what you said rings true for me too, except safe and healthy bonds with family/friends.
But you know what I like to do with itches is not scratch them because that only perpetuates it right (literally here), instead I slap or pinch them... The pain sensation serves to distract you from the itching pretty effectively. A bird I would imagine to be itch-resistant what with their feathery protection, free of that discomfort to just fly and glide. I am working my brain dead just trying to reestablish myself now, inevitably within the inescapable so-called black frame (courtesy of my dad) and ideally obtain an RV to fix up and live and travel and work in. A truck will do, too, I'm just itching to set up a music studio. I'm more like a turtle with ambitions loftier than I can even raise my low-lying head to see, especially from the dumpster.

Where are you wanting to go?

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP. Safe travels.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads