A bit of info on real bohimians and moravians | Squat the Planet

A bit of info on real bohimians and moravians

Durp

Reaction score
Here is a little snipet of my culture (I am verifiably desended from bohimian royalty, and morovian. Grand father was a moravian and my grandmother was disowned for marrying out side of pure bohimian blood line) please atleast learn a bit about my people and try not to co op my culture. We are a very proud people and are quite senstive to the over identification just like most the roma are. Next time you call some one bohimian, please find out if they really are of the great wandering bohim culture. End rant now article:
http://www.everyculture.com/Cr-Ga/Czech-Republic.html

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Nice to see this.

I'm Bohemian, Gypsy, Celt and Hun.

Yeah...my ancestors got around.

It used to bother me to hear people incorrectly referring to themselves by an ethnic term when they weren't, but I figure what the hell?

Who am I to judge when I'm a Melungeon (look it up) and if you got my family together, it would look like a UN meeting?

Never knew how cool it was to be what I am, until I met so many people who were just one race.

We're awesome and the best thing is...we ARE what others only wish they were.

Good reading.

Peace!

Reactions: Mankini and Kal

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
huh - cool read - thanks @JimH1991 - I'm basically all German - Father side directly from Germany - had to have people translate to us kids when we went over to their house - Mother's side from Germany but well before Father's side came over.

Reactions: Mankini and Kal

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Next time you call some one bohimian

I don't believe I've ever called anyone bohemian, or heard anyone else call someone that. The only time I've ever heard anyone use that term they were trying to sell me something.

The only person to ever offer me money to buy StP from me referred to us as a bohemian culture; I immediately wanted to punch him in the face.

Also, it's bohemian, not bohimian.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
LOL Why did you want to punch him in the face? We? Bohemians??!! WTF Well, explain how we are, or are not, ''Bohemians". What differentiates us from that stereotype? .....What is a Bohemian? I think of them as fin de siècle attic dwellers in the Montmartre; cutting off their ears and smoking cloves...Toulouse-Lautrec, Sorrows of Young Werther types...But I could be wrong.

Reactions: Odin

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Some one saw a pack of me and my friends and referred to the whole group as bohemian and it irritated me. It's silly.

On the flip side of that, you could have just said, "Why yes...I am a Bohemian and very proud of my culture. My Bohemian roots are very historical."

I've done the same thing (except insert the word, Melungeon,) when people make comments as to my big lips or why my skin keloids when it scars.

Not sure which is funnier, the fact that they thought they were insulting me and it backfired, or the stupid look on their faces.

::playful::

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads