Cool adventures in IL?

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Okay, so I know a chick in IL and I promised her we'd meet up and I'd take her on adventures around there. Any cool stuff to do? Like some forgotten falls somewhere in the woods? Or some cool abandonned buildings to explore?

Reactions: GhostWithTheMost

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Cant remember for sure but its west of chicago

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
There's Starved Rock which is south, passed Joliet. Besides that there isn't much nature worth exploring. In the city there are plenty of places to check out if you're into urban exploration. Kinzie St bridge, Sky Factory, basically the entire south side.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
There's Starved Rock which is south, passed Joliet. Besides that there isn't much nature worth exploring. In the city there are plenty of places to check out if you're into urban exploration. Kinzie St bridge, Sky Factory, basically the entire south side.

What's Starved rock?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Believe it or not I've found some cool abandoned stuff by googling abandoned - of course it most likely not pinpoint exact address but sometimes you can put things together and find it - use different words too to mix it up. Found info on reddit too. Just found an abandoned miniature golf course in pensacola when I go there soon. Yay for urban explore!!

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! :D will do that!

GhostWithTheMost

Previously HoboSquirrell
Reaction score
There is a pretty cool train/Railroad festival (or something similar) In Galesburg Illinois....But I dont know when it is, I forget...Not really spent any other time than an over nighter there a little over a year ago on the way here to Ohio.

Here the info for it. http://www.galesburgrailroaddays.org/

good luck and safe travels.

Reactions: WanderLost Radical

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads