Rejected Suggestion 420 Blaze it!

duderino

Current Location
Newport, United States
Website
slothsbigadventure.wordpress.com
I was thinking that there should be some sort of option on profiles to say that someone smokes weed either in the smoking or drugs section. Something like "grasshole" or something more or less clever. It just doesn't feel right to say I do drugs when all I do is poke smot, and I don't smoke cigarettes.

Reactions: 1 person
O

Ori

I deleted myself
SAME! I don't consider it a drug so I put I don't do any.. I considered putting that I smoke but I don't smoke cigarettes either. Such a dilemma!

G

Grubblin

I deleted myself
Wait a minute! There are people here who don't smoke weed? When did this happen??

swellard

Lurker
Current Location
Auburn, United States
i like that idea
or perhaps the option to specify which drugs the person uses?? :V
i think it's a pretty minor thing and it won't make a huge difference whether it happens or not, but a little bit more personalization can only do more good :^))

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
well, i'll take it under consideration, but couldn't you just ask the user what kind of drugs they use instead of advertising specific kinds of drug use they engage in on their (public) profiles?

also, not to be a butthead, but pot is scientifically a drug. no matter how much you 'don't consider it to be' :p

...so is alcohol

Reactions: 3 people
OP
duderino

duderino

Current Location
Newport, United States
Website
slothsbigadventure.wordpress.com
I've just seen similar things on other sites and thought it might be cool to have here. No biggie if it doesn't happen, just a suggestion. I have some thoughts on the classification of weed in the drug world, but those would be for a different thread. I understand everyone has their own views/opinions, so it's all good.

E

EchoTheDrifter

I deleted myself
I agree. Pot's a popular enough thing now that it should get its own category. Every medical professional I know says that it's less dangerous than cigarettes and alcohol. So there's a very good reason why someone might want to put it out there that they're a stoner, if they're hoping to find like-minded friends. "Smoking" and "use drugs" have very different connotations, and nobody reading a profile is going to assume that either one means that the person just likes pot.

wonder

Lurker
Current Location
houston texas
i lost my CDL for 100 pounds of weed they didn't believe it was for personal use it all started at a party down south and i wanted to have a party back north lol

Athena212

Lurker
Current Location
New york
Lmao I think a smot poker can always spot a like-minded fellow you know? I just put that I smoke on my profile and for legality anyone looking can assume its cigs when really its way better and you'll find out if you ask anyway(or eventually Ill mention it bc i grass)

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$540.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $200.00 of $200.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Holed up in the shop property for the third day. Fried 6 eggs and made some toast for myself and my dog. Something to spice up the dog kibble life. Poured myself the cheap rum and rootbeer drink. Buddy from the insurance/license place brought me some ice :D But there is no sunshine and rainbows. This is survival. This isnt intagram. It was dark and frustrating and cramped, with that side of lonely. Tomorrow we move.
Looking for a few people to join me in an off grid wilderness community. Have hydroelectric and small solar.
Almost died a fiery horrific death when the wiring crossed an shorted in the camper, had to jump in the water to save my dog from drowning when a current was pulling him under roots and branches (one of the most heartwrenching experiences of my life), and i fucked the engine in my truck on the mountain highways. Repairs are going to be expensive and take long. Thats kindof how my summer is going. Beats jail but just barely
Just covered about 500 mi in 12 hrs by train. Two hot as fuck IMs under a full moon. Only one stop was made...an unexpected siding in the exact place i wanted to be.
I'm finally headed out on the road and out of this state as a renowned painter's assistant in a month. I cannot wait for my childhood dream of travelling as a visual artist of some sort to become true. Hats off to you, Mayosky. Bless your fuckin heart man. Ya saved me.
Homeless ,married , 5 fur babies
Off to Fiji for a holiday in a couple days! Shows that you can still save and spend if you plan right!
Hello ALL !
New here, need and can give assistance...
Uh...doing the profile thing,as advised, first. Will post and reply soon.
REASON FOR JOINING: Leaving Washington on the 25th of this month,have near full van,good yellow lab,his pet cat,gas and a goal: Rockford ,Illinois. Im looking for a Road Partner!
Someone that can legally drive, and can help with gas. I got a tent,camp stove,camp heater ,and canned goods for food.
I'll finish my profile and start looking through the site.
Thanks !
Speedrowthehobo wrote on Cheeseburger's profile.
Where you at?

Members online