3rd World Hitch Hiking | Squat the Planet

3rd World Hitch Hiking

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
So I wanted to ask a question. I've seen shows on the Travel Channel before and the crew gets in the back of a pickup with like 10+ locals in it. Is this staged or do people actually pick you up like that in those countries? Countries I'm specifically asking about are Mexico and Brazil.

Side note: I can see myself doing that some day, picking up hitch hikers and putting them in the back on my truck and taking them as far as I can.

Edit: I just realized after posting this that this is the wrong subforum.

E

Earth

It's probably not staged.

In the southern hemisphere countries,
there seems to be a more 'traditional' way of being - a sense of community - which seems to me to be lost as far as the northen hemisphere chaotic way of life goes.

"Powaqqatsi" is the title of a fascinating film which documents the differences in lifestyles, and really focuses on the southern hemisphere way of living.

You can read about that a little more here http://www.qatsi.org/ if you are interested....

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
It's probably not staged.

In the southern hemisphere countries,
there seems to be a more 'traditional' way of being - a sense of community - which seems to me to be lost as far as the northen hemisphere chaotic way of life goes.

"Powaqqatsi" is the title of a fascinating film which documents the differences in lifestyles, and really focuses on the southern hemisphere way of living.

You can read about that a little more here http://www.qatsi.org/ if you are interested....
Thanks Earth. I'll look into it :D

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I dont think its that uncommon. I have experienced things like this in Mexico, and Guatemala. I guess the major difference is, it's not free there. Or rather, it is expected that you will pay something for the ride. usually just a few coins to help with gas, but no one rides for free.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
I dont think its that uncommon. I have experienced things like this in Mexico, and Guatemala. I guess the major difference is, it's not free there. Or rather, it is expected that you will pay something for the ride. usually just a few coins to help with gas, but no one rides for free.
That's how it should be here. *sigh*

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads