Event - 2018 National Rainbow Gathering | Squat the Planet

Event 2018 National Rainbow Gathering

Whiskey Jack

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
WELCOME HOME....
for those of you headed to the 2018 national Rainbow Gathering, here are the directions....

Where is the Rainbow Gathering?

The 2018 annual National Rainbow Gathering is taking place in the Chattahoochee National Forest in northern Georgia.

DIRECTIONS: From Interstate 75 south east of Chattanooga, Tennessee, take highway 76 east approximately 67 miles towards East Ellijay, Georgia. From East Ellijay, take Highway 62 east towards Dahlonega. About 28 miles from East Ellijay, turn north (left) on Nimblewill Road. Then turn right on Forest Service Road 28-1. Then turn left on Forest Service Road 83 (aka Bull Mountain Road). Continue about 1.5 miles to Welcome Home. Parking for buses is available.

Ignore all rumors of cancellation or organization!
Live lightly with the Land and People!
Be the peaceful and loving person you want to see more of in this world.

Please copy and distribute this information widely
These are preliminary directions. My blog will be updated with better directions and more information periodically over the next week or two.

For more info on the gathering, visit Welcome Home or Karin Zirk's Blog. the Atlanta Lightline 770-662-6112.

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you brother

bjorkedfork

Reaction score
Here is the PNW Light line number for directions to the Oregon National regional gathering going on right now for anyone so interested: 1(503)727-2498

OREGON 2018 Nationals Regional

Hwy 22, going East, past Detroit Lake, look for FR-2067, take a right.

Welcome Home!

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

bjorkedfork

Reaction score
Well here is an update on the Oregon Regional Gathering.

Of of Monday, June 18, 2018 reports coming in on the Facebook page Oregon Rainbow Gathering of the Tribes is that LEO are kicking people out of the area and many are packing up and leaving.

Pcdhitch

Reaction score
WELCOME HOME....
for those of you headed to the 2018 national Rainbow Gathering, here are the directions....

Where is the Rainbow Gathering?

The 2018 annual National Rainbow Gathering is taking place in the Chattahoochee National Forest in northern Georgia.

DIRECTIONS: From Interstate 75 south east of Chattanooga, Tennessee, take highway 76 east approximately 67 miles towards East Ellijay, Georgia. From East Ellijay, take Highway 62 east towards Dahlonega. About 28 miles from East Ellijay, turn north (left) on Nimblewill Road. Then turn right on Forest Service Road 28-1. Then turn left on Forest Service Road 83 (aka Bull Mountain Road). Continue about 1.5 miles to Welcome Home. Parking for buses is available.

Ignore all rumors of cancellation or organization!
Live lightly with the Land and People!
Be the peaceful and loving person you want to see more of in this world.

Please copy and distribute this information widely
These are preliminary directions. My blog will be updated with better directions and more information periodically over the next week or two.

For more info on the gathering, visit Welcome Home or Karin Zirk's Blog. the Atlanta Lightline 770-662-6112.
Thanks. Glad it still is what it is. Can't wait to see everyone! Dog Food Mountain will be in attendance! New rv in the next couple weeks. Welcome Home

Preacher

Reaction score
Following the directions above through google maps, the GPS is 34.580431, -84.144323 (for Georgia)

Reactions: Pcdhitch

Preacher

Reaction score
Who else is going to Georgia? I'll probably be there next wed or thurs.

Last edited:

Preacher

Reaction score
When is it over? lol Most people leave about the 5th of July or so. There are people there a month after that though cleaning up. There is no "end date". Just like there is no "start date". You get there when you get there and you leave when you leave.

Apple Core

Reaction score
So I see this info on both here, elsewhere, and on the main Rainbow Family website, so I assume it's correct. Not a week or two ago though, I saw that there was a different location that was in the western part of NC just above Georgia. Did it change? Was the original info I saw wrong? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Muddy666

Reaction score
So I see this info on both here, elsewhere, and on the main Rainbow Family website, so I assume it's correct. Not a week or two ago though, I saw that there was a different location that was in the western part of NC just above Georgia. Did it change? Was the original info I saw wrong? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Finch

Reaction score
The North Carolina directions were for the Spring Council, the meeting just before rainbow begins where people decide where the gathering will be.The Georgia site near Dahlonega is where the gathering is right now.

Apple Core

Reaction score
The North Carolina directions were for the Spring Council, the meeting just before rainbow begins where people decide where the gathering will be.The Georgia site near Dahlonega is where the gathering is right now.

Thank you! I'm hoping to make it down there by tomorrow.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads