Greetings, Humans

Simkin

Reaction score
Hello all. I usually don't fill these out because of all the hostile feedback I get. Not sure why...
Family has been in the navy all my life, lived all over the US, though currently stuck in South Florida, which has not been the most enjoyable of experiences--looking to leave real soon.

Anyone ever been in a position where you feel stuck? I just got off cancer treatments about a year ago when I was still living in the midwest--went through a divorce, had to drop out of school, lost my job, got into a ton of debt with the hospital since I didn't have insurance...

But, got out of the mess. Wrote a couple of books, remarried, got healthy again...the debt remains, but I can deal with it. The one thing that bothers me is the job position. I currently have 3 right now, but they are all part-time, and minimum wage. School is out due to the debt. I throw my hands up in frustration; because while I have experience, education and certificates, I don't have a degree. Want to get a better paying job to go back to school and pay off debts, but I can't get a better job until I have more experience and/or a degree. Which I can't do until I fork out more moneys to finish the degree...

I wonder how people get out of this cycle?
As I sit here, at my one of my dead-end jobs (which, I am grateful to have, but a job with no raises or promotions is considered dead-end in my book) I boil and seethe with rage that I am the target of manager hostility. Managers, who want me to work and not work at the exact same time. I really don't get it. Corporate wants you at your job but they absolutely hate paying you to do it.

Huh. I look up at this and think, I really need to get a journal. Or a psychiatrist.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey sorry for downward spiral, and it's good to get healthy. Goodness knows I did that at the end of 2012. Sorry I had to moderate your one Dillard thread - wasn't sure how far Admin would let the store's policies be exposed and so I was told you were fine so I let your thread go. I learned a bit this weekend too. :) But seriously I feel for ya - I am in a job where I have not had a full time boss in 2 years and they are doing something in the background that may or may not include me. Yeah I'm union but where will I be placed. Heh. But hey talk back with us, k?

Last edited:

Corinne

Reaction score
Website
www.incoherentmindz.tumblr.com
i dropped out of college at 19, quit my job six months ago and started travelling. havent been happier since! i think you need to break free from the things that make you unhappy. your manager sucks so become your own boss. dont let the man get you down. peace

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads