For Sale 01 Ford E250 Van with no papers for $250 In Ocala, FL

Current Location
Brewster, United States
Website
www.rootflux.com
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Who wants a running van for $250? My friend has a 2001 Ford E250, good bit of rust, needs a sparkplug which will fix the cylinder that’s not firing (cylinder is not blown). We just drove it from NY and it drives damn good. NO PAPERS. Figure we’d see if anyone can make use of it before dropping it off at the junkyard. It’s our throw away vehicle to haul our bicycles to Florida. We are currently in Florida and willing to meet somewhere near Ocala. You need to meet us in town, we are NOT driving into the gathering with this van. We wanna get rid of this van ASAP so we can get on our bikes and into the woods already! Come get it!

zim

Reality Perception Device
Staff member
Current Location
Olympia, WA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Who wants a running van for $250? My friend has a 2001 Ford E250, good bit of rust, needs a sparkplug which will fix the cylinder that’s not firing (cylinder is not blown). We just drove it from NY and it drives damn good. NO PAPERS. Figure we’d see if anyone can make use of it before dropping it off at the junkyard. It’s our throw away vehicle to haul our bicycles to Florida. We are currently in Florida and willing to meet somewhere near Ocala. You need to meet us in town, we are NOT driving into the gathering with this van. We wanna get rid of this van ASAP so we can get on our bikes and into the woods already! Come get it!
Why do you say that it only needs a spark plug?

Typically people are lying when they say that a vehicle needs something that takes 5 minutes to replace. I'm not saying that you're a liar, just that your diagnosis seems suspect. Why not replace the spark plug?

Current Location
Toronto
Reactions
96% 1% 3%
Why do you say that it only needs a spark plug?

Typically people are lying when they say that a vehicle needs something that takes 5 minutes to replace. I'm not saying that you're a liar, just that your diagnosis seems suspect. Why not replace the spark plug?
Not sure about this van, but the rear spark plugs in older vans can be a tremendous amount of work to replace. Sometimes requiring you to hole saw through an inner fender to get at it.

zim

Reality Perception Device
Staff member
Current Location
Olympia, WA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Not sure about this van, but the rear spark plugs in older vans can be a tremendous amount of work to replace. Sometimes requiring you to hole saw through an inner fender to get at it.
on @creature's ranger it would probably be easier to just lift the engine out.

you're right though, I just took a look and on this particular van & it requires removing the dash and going through the firewall.

creature

Wise Sage
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
which one?
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Yeah..
My 4 cyl ranger has eight fucking plugs, & 3 of them, total, between each side are almost impossible to change.
Hairy fucking corporate shit that deserves criminal fucking prosecution...

Current Location
Toronto
Reactions
96% 1% 3%
Buuuut I don't think we should write off the van simply because the plugs are hard to get at. If the rest of the van doesn't need any other other immediate repairs, then you can't go wrong for $250! With the investment of a socket extender, maybe a swivel joint and a case of beer to go with your day of wrenching, the job is done.