¡Hola, Gente!

Sofie

Reaction score
I actually joined a couple days ago, but I just got a chance to write this intro now.

My name is Sofie, and I am in the pursuit of reclaiming a nomadic lifestyle. I have been to all 50 states, and to several countries in Europe, Central America, and Asia. Whenever I go somewhere, I like to spend time living there to really get a feel for it, and then move on. Besides travel, I am interested in music, film, and cuisine. My favorite bands are Chumbawamba, GY!BE, and the Buena Vista Social Club (there are lots more I could list though). My favorite movies are Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Timbuktu, and Where Strangers Meet. I am a foodie and will try almost anything, but my ultimate comfort food is a Frita Cubana (Soy una cubanita), otherwise known as a Cuban Burger. The best Frita anywhere is at El Mago de Las Fritas on Calle Ocho in Miami. If you are around Miami anytime soon, go there. You won't be disappointed. In terms of why I joined, I am really interested in Boatpunk culture. I love the ocean and I can't wait to run away to the sea once I finish high school.

todd

Reaction score
sounds delicious! welcome!

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Holy shit! Youve done all that travelling before finishing highsvhool?!?
Now thats impressive!!

Welcome to StP!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads