Here you'll find descriptions of how to use the various options available in the chat room.
The chat room will open. Now click on the 'Options' link in the top-right corner of the chat area:
In the drop down menu that appears, click on the check box next to 'Enable Sound':
That's it. You can come back to this options panel to turn the sound off if you like.
Next click options:
Then select your position from the display mode drop down menu:
Your choices are All Pages, Above Forum List and Below Forum List:
- All Pages: This is the default behavior. The chat bar sits at the bottom of each page of the website and opens when you click on it.
- Above Forum List: This places the chat room above the list of forums on the home page only.
- Below Forum List: This places the chat room below the list of forums on the home page only.
and click the 'Options' link at the top right of the chat area:
Now, let's take a closer look at the options panel:
- Enable Sound - As covered in this FAQ answer, this option turns the chat sounds on and off.
- Enabled Maximized Mode - Expands the chat room to the full height of your browser's screen.
- Inverse Messages Direction - This changes the direction chats appear. If you like to see the newest chats appear at the top of the chat rather than the bottom, check this option.
- Place Editor on Top - Checking this box will place the text input area for entering chat messages at the top of the window.
- Hide Chatters List - Pretty self explanatory, hides the list of users currently in the chat room on the right.
- Show Ignored Users Messages - If you've ignored someone on the website, you can check this box if you still want to see their messages in the chat room.
- Disable Chat - This removes the chat from view. If you'd like to re-enable the chat, click on the semi-transparent box in the bottom right corner of the website labeled 'Enable Chat'.
- Display Mode - This lets you change where the chat room appears. This option is explained in full detail in the FAQ answer here.
- Your Chat Color - Changes the color of your chat messages.
- Add Room - This link will let you create a custom chat room. Currently disabled, but we might be enabling it in the future.
- View Archive - Clicking on this link will take you a full page archive of all the messages posted to the chat room in the past thirty days. This archive is fully searchable by keyword, user name, and date range.
- Top Chatters - The Top Chatters link will bring up a window displaying a list of users with the most messages in the chat room in the past thirty days.