Squatting in the five boroughs? NYC..

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
I'm going to be headed to New York City at the end of April, and although I've been twice now I never needed to find my own place to squat. (First time I was staying at Zuccotti (OWS) second time I was staying on a friends sofa in Bushwick). This time I dont know where I'll be staying.
In most cities its not hard to find an empty building worth staying in, but NYC is different. what neighborhoods would you recommend looking around in?
Building or camping I dont really care just as long as its walking distance to a train or bus.....

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I've slept in central park before, I hid myself in some brambly bushes, since people don't expect to find you there, and more importantly are not going to stumble and fall on you, since getting to you will take some effort.

travellady22

Reaction score
Hey I'm not shore if your still in the ny, but I usually sleep in the day time in parks like Bryant Park, 14 street Union Square, or on 23st. Sometimes I sleep on Beaches like Coney Island or private beaches in nice neighborhood. hope these help....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads