Knives for the road | Squat the Planet

Knives for the road

suprhromnn

Reaction score
The world of knives is such a vast one that all serve so many amazing purposes I know we must all have preference of which blades we prefer to carry on us and why?
My favorite folder is the H&K 14700 push-button full auto:
X-HK14700SBX_full_82017.jpg

My favorite fixed has been my SOG SEAL Team Elite, it is very well-balanced and heavy enough to have some real force behind its blows and has always held its edge excellently for me and the everyday abuses I put it through:
SogSTE.jpg

As far as multi-tools go though, I have never had one I was impressed with and have owned multiple Bucks and Leathermans, I am right now looking at possibly the Victorinox Swiss Army Swisstool Spirit X as my next foray into the world of multi-tools:
2ebbcdf0-1348-42cc-99c2-b25a7939f77f.jpg

Cristian

Reaction score
well at the moment i carry a measily tiny knife about the length of one end of my palm to another. i need to get another one..lol.

Unslap

Reaction score
I was laying on an intermodal porch when my six year old gerber slipped from my pocket into the bucket, sad day. Now i have a 1.5" blade with "dad" engraved in the side from a yard sale....

Reactions: jaws

FLoP

Reaction score
I usually try to have some type of folding knife in my pocket. And a buck military style field knife that I keep in my bag. And there's always the leather man, but I don't really use those blades other than utility. I like to go to walmarts in the knife section when they aren't locked up. If you go in with a razor blade you can come out armed as fuck in a couple minutes.

Reactions: AMD

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I was laying on an intermodal porch when my six year old gerber slipped from my pocket into the bucket, sad day. Now i have a 1.5" blade with "dad" engraved in the side from a yard sale....
Gerber makes good light weight but durable blades. And in my opinion their multi-tool beats out a leatherman any day!

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
I've got an Emerson CQC-7BW with the wave lock thing that deploys the blade as I pull it out of my pocket, pretty handy. I've also got a SOG power assist multi tool which so far has been better than any leatherman I've owned (and it's made in Seattle).

Agni Riniari

<(-.-<) ^(-.-)^ (>-.-)> ^(-.-)^ <(-.-<)
Reaction score
I've used this one for the past few years. It's full tang, balanced, and can be used for just about anything. Overall length is about six and half inches. It comes with a hard case sheath with two clips for attaching it to just about whatever.

FullTangKnife1.jpg
- Agni

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
It's the double sided version too. I didn't pay full price. If I did it wouldn't ever leave home.

I really need to get one, and soon. Their sale is restricted to military and law enforcement personnel in a lot of states but not Oregon for the moment so I just need to gather funds and take a trip to PDX.

Have you ever had trouble with the law for possession with it?

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
I got is from my sister cause shes in the AF. And I've never been caught with a knife yet, and I walk around in malls and stores and stuff with my k-bar sometimes. People just from lookin at the outline don't wanna fuck with you.

P

Pheonix

NO OFFICER, I do NOT have a federal felony in my pocket.

and this thread was started by a protester, hahaha go ahead and take your knife to a protest and see how well that works for you. if the cops see your knife your the first one to get pepper sprayed.

suprhromnn

Reaction score
Have you ever had trouble with the law for possession with it?

I have the same one, and also the HK 14700 (made by benchmade) which is another 100% auto-opener and no one ever comes up and asks what kinda knife you're carrying.

Just don't flaunt it in front of them and try not to get arrested and you'll be fine. Keep in mind though, it is a felony in a lot of situations. Here is a really handy list breaking it down by state:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switchblade#State_laws

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
I have the same one, and also the HK 14700 (made by benchmade) which is another 100% auto-opener and no one ever comes up and asks what kinda knife you're carrying.

Just don't flaunt it in front of them and try not to get arrested and you'll be fine. Keep in mind though, it is a felony in a lot of situations. Here is a really handy list breaking it down by state:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switchblade#State_laws
I live in newhampshie right now. So they're really laid back on things, even more so if you say it's for self defense

NM Black Cross Medic

Reaction score
NO OFFICER, I do NOT have a federal felony in my pocket.

and this thread was started by a protester, hahaha go ahead and take your knife to a protest and see how well that works for you. if the cops see your knife your the first one to get pepper sprayed.
I would NEVER be dumb enough to bring a knife to a protest. Medics have been known to get harassed for medical scissors, so I'm not going near anything stabby during a protest.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads